mobius platform

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My G5's are supposed to arrive Friday and kind of leery of this app and its lack of maturity. I kinda skimmed through this thread and there was so much speculation and misinformation maybe true or false at the time it was written. I can safely say I have the app running on my Android but all it supports are the doser and the G5's so it detects nothing right now. I also have MP40's and a Vectra which are not yet supported. Again leery as I have everything on Apex and reasonably happy with that control. They have made reference to enabling external connections in the near future. I certainly hope it allows for other control like Apex or at least something cloud based so I can see it/control it anywhere vs. just local bluetooth. Lastly I certainly hope they don't use this switch to try and force people to buy/upgrade hardware i.e. so sorry your pumps lack the hardware for Moebius.

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My G5's are supposed to arrive Friday and kind of leery of this app and its lack of maturity. I kinda skimmed through this thread and there was so much speculation and misinformation maybe true or false at the time it was written. I can safely say I have the app running on my Android but all it supports are the doser and the G5's so it detects nothing right now. I also have MP40's and a Vectra which are not yet supported. Again leery as I have everything on Apex and reasonably happy with that control. They have made reference to enabling external connections in the near future. I certainly hope it allows for other control like Apex or at least something cloud based so I can see it/control it anywhere vs. just local bluetooth. Lastly I certainly hope they don't use this switch to try and force people to buy/upgrade hardware i.e. so sorry your pumps lack the hardware for Moebius.

They are continuing Reeflink support, no forcing anyone to upgrade.

The G5 will have the ability to communicate with your router and mesh in the Versa and other non wifi equptment

myakuel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates on this? i have a few ecotech products besides the versa and am wondering how or when i will be able to merge them all onto mobius

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, with all the issues G5 and Versa owners are reporting, I think this will take longer than expected. Hopefully they figure out soon than later.

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, with all the issues G5 and Versa owners are reporting, I think this will take longer than expected. Hopefully they figure out soon than later.

The majority of issues I have seen end up being user error. There was an issue with packaging as well as cracked bezels. None of which is a problem with Mobius.

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The majority of issues I have seen end up being user error. There was an issue with packaging as well as cracked bezels. None of which is a problem with Mobius.

Not all problems are user errors I'm a versa pump owner and had issues with Mobius app, pumps getting disconnected for not reason at all, I do have the four pump model and sometimes I opened the app and one or two pumps were missing. Had to disconnect the pumps a reconnect so they were available again. After the last firmware update they have been working good. So blaming the user because of this is not correct. The app had some issues too, Im not bashing Ecotech as I love their products and do have multiple radions, vortech and now versas and will continue to use them.

I will be one that will not connect my legacy system to the app until Im sure is working fine and I do have remote access to them to, until then only the versa will be controlled by Mobius.

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tim at EcoTech

Hey Tim-

Hoping you can answer a few questions for some of the newer G5 owners. First off I think we have covered the Customer Service aspect that ETM is providing to customers experiencing the cracked Bezels on the XR15 and XR30 models. ETM is sending new Bezels to address this issue, and for the most part we(Ecotech) owners are on board with that resolution, and Thank You greatly for being on top of that. I know I speak on behalf of MOST of the other ETM owners, as WE will continue to support your business by our continued purchasing of your already awesome product line.

So we no longer need to beat that Dead horse

On a second Note, MOBIUS. Alot of question and concern related to the following and hope you can release this TOP SECRET info. I being one of these individuals, as I have upgraded my lighting to all Gen5's, but really curious when I will be able to adapt my MP10's to Mobius to gain the same functionality that Ecosmart offers.

A) When is Mobius expected to be a full release in supporting all of ETM products( Vortech series pumps and Versa Pumps).

B) Will/When Mobius be adapted to work with Previous version HW/SW (Gen 4 XR lights)

Thanks in advance for any insight you may be able to provide and keep up the good work developing and providing stellar products. Stay safe and healthy through this difficult time!!

On a second Note, MOBIUS. Alot of question and concern related to the following and hope you can release this TOP SECRET info. I being one of these individuals, as I have upgraded my lighting to all Gen5's, but really curious when I will be able to adapt my MP10's to Mobius to gain the same functionality that Ecosmart offers.

A) When is Mobius expected to be a full release in supporting all of ETM products( Vortech series pumps and Versa Pumps).

B) Will/When Mobius be adapted to work with Previous version HW/SW (Gen 4 XR lights)

Thanks in advance for any insight you may be able to provide and keep up the good work developing and providing stellar products. Stay safe and healthy through this difficult time!!

Last edited:

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not all problems are user errors I'm a versa pump owner and had issues with Mobius app, pumps getting disconnected for not reason at all, I do have the four pump model and sometimes I opened the app and one or two pumps were missing. Had to disconnect the pumps a reconnect so they were available again. After the last firmware update they have been working good. So blaming the user because of this is not correct. The app had some issues too, Im not bashing Ecotech as I love their products and do have multiple radions, vortech and now versas and will continue to use them.

I will be one that will not connect my legacy system to the app until Im sure is working fine and I do have remote access to them to, until then only the versa will be controlled by Mobius.

I know not all are user error, that is why I didnt use the word "all". I have helped many people remedy issues with Mobius and, as mentioned, the majority of the time it is the user error or an issue with their device.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they focus more on improving MOBIUS for those of us with Versa pumps. Still needs some work... Still worth buying, but needs some help.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) knowing when a pump is actually pumping and getting alerts would be a good start. Especially when doing AWCs.

Robert Binz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just what America needed. Another monopoly to stifle competition and set prices.

But don’t worry; the app will be more fun now *eye roll*

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any ideas on when the app will be able to control the MP pumps?

Yes but no one is allowed to say it.

Actually no, there is no date for this. Sorry for the jerk response but this thread is almost literally nothing but 'anyone know what the date is?'

I am 100% sure it will be well know once it is. I personally follow about a half dozen Mobius threads here as well as several FB pages and I will update as soon as there is an official date. I honestly wish they never told anyone about the app. I am on the beta and waiting to hear the update myself. It is hard when the state they are in is closed for work. The entire company is working just from home.

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but no one is allowed to say it.

Actually no, there is no date for this. Sorry for the jerk response but this thread is almost literally nothing but 'anyone know what the date is?'

I am 100% sure it will be well know once it is. I personally follow about a half dozen Mobius threads here as well as several FB pages and I will update as soon as there is an official date. I honestly wish they never told anyone about the app. I am on the beta and waiting to hear the update myself. It is hard when the state they are in is closed for work. The entire company is working just from home.

I recently spoke with an ETM rep about some other products I have, and was informed it's still a couple months out. They want to be sure the release is as smooth of a transition as possible. I'm sure with the issues withe the G5 Radion release, the last thing they want is another issue that has the public outcry like the current problems. Keep in mind ETM never put out a release date for Mobius compatibility of the MP series pumps. So it's not like they are past a date they promised. We will see I guess.

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently spoke with an ETM rep about some other products I have, and was informed it's still a couple months out. They want to be sure the release is as smooth of a transition as possible. I'm sure with the issues withe the G5 Radion release, the last thing they want is another issue that has the public outcry like the current problems. Keep in mind ETM never put out a release date for Mobius compatibility of the MP series pumps. So it's not like they are past a date they promised. We will see I guess.

You are mostly correct. They were quoted in saying the first quarter of 2020 which has now past. Although the app was released in time, but not a full release. People started asking 2 days into the new year on when it was coming out. Much like Apex Unicorn, this just needs to be done already lol

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are mostly correct. They were quoted in saying the first quarter of 2020 which has now past. Although the app was released in time, but not a full release. People started asking 2 days into the new year on when it was coming out. Much like Apex Unicorn, this just needs to be done already lol
Personally, I'm not sure why everyone is making such a big deal about it. Seriously the MP serious pumps don't lose any functionality not being on Mobius, other than increasing or decreasing the time on their schedules. They should be a set it and forget it. Most people that have them already have the reeflink. So easy solution, keep the reeflink if you really must tinker with your schedules. It'll be released when they're ready. Before Mobius was announced the same people were complaining about Ecosmart live, now that's come and gone, and here we are listening to people complain about Mobius. I tend to worry and complain about real world problems, but that's just me. In the meantime, all us other members will just sit back and continue to chuckle at those that like to complain about the inability to have their smartphone in there hand to move a slider up and down. To think when I started with sucessfull reef tanks, before this forum, and before these sweet pumps were made, there were pumps with one speed and no user engagement, yet they assisted with growing just as amazing coral... Just saying...

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vortech pumps are next on the list for Mobius and we'll be happy to announce when that happens. In the mean time our team is 100% focused in ensuring that launch goes smoothly and addressing any known issues on G5 radions. Versa is running very smooth with Mobius and new functionality will come in the future.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Vortech pumps are next on the list for Mobius and we'll be happy to announce when that happens. In the mean time our team is 100% focused in ensuring that launch goes smoothly and addressing any known issues on G5 radions. Versa is running very smooth with Mobius and new functionality will come in the future.
Will I be able to run my Vectra M1 pumps on Mobius? Would be nice to just have one app that I can use with my G5s and Vortechs.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back