mobius platform

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

halfdoz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since ecotech and AI merged will the new AI lights be compatible with Mobius? just curious

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because Ecotech and AI don’t share anything but a parent company.
they JUST released new lights about a week ago, and all are controlled by the MY AI app.
What sense would it make for them to release new lights on a platform they around to switch over.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because Ecotech and AI don’t share anything but a parent company.
they JUST released new lights about a week ago, and all are controlled by the MY AI app.
What sense would it make for them to release new lights on a platform they around to switch over.

Morning all

I am one of the fortunate people to already have this app and I can confirm it is absolutely brilliant. From what I can see I can confirm that it supports both Ecotech and AI.
If anybody is looking at purchasing a new Reeflink, do not bother, this controls everything including pumps and it should be available in December from what I have been told.

hope this helps everyone.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all

I am one of the fortunate people to already have this app and I can confirm it is absolutely brilliant. From what I can see I can confirm that it supports both Ecotech and AI.
If anybody is looking at purchasing a new Reeflink, do not bother, this controls everything including pumps and it should be available in December from what I have been told.

hope this helps everyone.

So then if this supports AI products as well, will you have to switch to using the mobius rather than the my AI app or can you use either (both)?

Seems really weird to me to release new lights using old software if you are about to upgrade the software everywhere..... just gonna make things confusing when I have to switch my AI to mobius

MarkD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So then if this supports AI products as well, will you have to switch to using the mobius rather than the my AI app or can you use either (both)?

Seems really weird to me to release new lights using old software if you are about to upgrade the software everywhere..... just gonna make things confusing when I have to switch my AI to mobius

Sorry, I’m not sure if this replaces the AI app or not, it is really simple to use though so not sure if it might be an improvement on the AI app as I am not savvy to this one as I use Ecotech lights.

The things that I’m am 99% sure of are the following,

I have a Radion XR30 G4 Pro, the only app available for this at the minute is for use with Reeflink, Mobius makes this obsolete as it links my phone directly my light using a Bluetooth link (they have been putting these chips into the lights for last year in anticipation of this new app).

It is my understanding that this app is going to be on Apple products only and will only work on the new Ecotech Gen4 lights and pumps (not sure what it will work with in the AI product range), I believe that older Ecotech light units can be sent in for the upgraded chip to be retrofitted to the units, not sure about pumps though. I do not know if AI products use Bluetooth or WIFI so not sure how it will work with their products, I am guessing it will be something similar though.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I’m not sure if this replaces the AI app or not, it is really simple to use though so not sure if it might be an improvement on the AI app as I am not savvy to this one as I use Ecotech lights.

The things that I’m am 99% sure of are the following,

I have a Radion XR30 G4 Pro, the only app available for this at the minute is for use with Reeflink, Mobius makes this obsolete as it links my phone directly my light using a Bluetooth link (they have been putting these chips into the lights for last year in anticipation of this new app).

It is my understanding that this app is going to be on Apple products only and will only work on the new Ecotech Gen4 lights and pumps (not sure what it will work with in the AI product range), I believe that older Ecotech light units can be sent in for the upgraded chip to be retrofitted to the units, not sure about pumps though. I do not know if AI products use Bluetooth or WIFI so not sure how it will work with their products, I am guessing it will be something similar though.

Dont suppose you can confirm if you have to be in close proximity to the devices to use the new Mobius app do you?

For instance, if my partner was to feed the tank but didn't want to touch the controls. Currently using the reeflink and ecosmart i can just hit feed mode from wherever i am, can Mobius do this from anywhere? Assuming that its via bluetooth you have to be close by.

MarkD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont suppose you can confirm if you have to be in close proximity to the devices to use the new Mobius app do you?

For instance, if my partner was to feed the tank but didn't want to touch the controls. Currently using the reeflink and ecosmart i can just hit feed mode from wherever i am, can Mobius do this from anywhere? Assuming that its via bluetooth you have to be close by.

Yes I can confirm 100% that you have to be in close proximity of the devices as it uses Bluetooth only. The app is only available to use on IPhones, IPods ands Ipads, it is not available on my MacBook, Iguess this is because it does not have Bluetooth.

It has some very cool features, I like the thunderstorm best as it looks so real but my kids like the disco feature best which makes your room look like a nightclub!

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I can confirm 100% that you have to be in close proximity of the devices as it uses Bluetooth only. The app is only available to use on IPhones, IPods ands Ipads, it is not available on my MacBook, Iguess this is because it does not have Bluetooth.

It has some very cool features, I like the thunderstorm best as it looks so real but my kids like the disco feature best which makes your room look like a nightclub!
If the app will ONLY work for iPhone then EcoTech is really screwing the pooch so to speak.... countless people use android and PC so to just completely leave them out is just plain stupid.

MarkD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the app will ONLY work for iPhone then EcoTech is really screwing the pooch so to speak.... countless people use android and PC so to just completely leave them out is just plain stupid.

I can’t really argue with that. Unless this is just an additional app to give more options for control in addition to the ones already out, I don’t know that this is the case though. By the sounds of it, AI already has a decent set up in place with their app, it’s just Ecotech who didn’t and you had to spend £100 for the Reeflink to be able to use an app, in which case this makes perfect sense.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t really argue with that. Unless this is just an additional app to give more options for control in addition to the ones already out, I don’t know that this is the case though. By the sounds of it, AI already has a decent set up in place with their app, it’s just Ecotech who didn’t and you had to spend £100 for the Reeflink to be able to use an app, in which case this makes perfect sense.

I'd like to know your source on the Apple products only and if you could share that with us? Bluetooth is shared between Android, Apple and even PC. My laptop has the latest Bluetooth connection abilities. It seems completely pointless on Ecotechs part to alienate an entire user base arguably much larger than Apples.

Last edited:

MarkD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to know your source on the Apple products only and if you could share that with us? Bluetooth is shared between Android, Apple and even PC. My laptop has the latest Bluetooth connection abilities. It seems completely pointless on Ecotechs part to alienate an entire user base arguably much larger than Apples.

The Email invite to test the app that I received from Apple stated the following,

“The TestFlight app must be installed on your iOS device using 8.0 or later, or Apple TV using tvOS 9.0 or later.”

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Email invite to test the app that I received from Apple stated the following,

“The TestFlight app must be installed on your iOS device using 8.0 or later, or Apple TV using tvOS 9.0 or later.”

Could this purely be just because you have an Apple device so that is the testing app they sent you? It would be tuned to the recipients device which I'm guessing you would have had to submit to Ecotech. That message doesn't seem to state the Ecotech app is only for Apple products, only that the app you're receiving is for Apple products. Which makes sense because they are different programs...

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Apple isnt going to send out invites to test apps on the android platform. That's silly to assume the app is IOS only because of that email. As Will stated above, the app is android compatible.

MarkD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apple isnt going to send out invites to test apps on the android platform. That's silly to assume the app is IOS only because of that email. As Will stated above, the app is android compatible.
Could this purely be just because you have an Apple device so that is the testing app they sent you? It would be tuned to the recipients device which I'm guessing you would have had to submit to Ecotech. That message doesn't seem to state the Ecotech app is only for Apple products, only that the app you're receiving is for Apple products. Which makes sense because they are different programs...

I had an issue with my light and it would not link to my Ecotech online account (I do not have Reeflink so had to use laptop to change settings) I was told by Ecotech that if I had an Apple device they could offer a better solution. They did not offer it on Android device to me, only Apple and I then received the email from Apple. This is why I assumed that it is going to be Apple only. If I am wrong then I stand corrected, hopefully I am wrong so everyone can enjoy this great app.

Maybe it is just on Apple at the minute and will be rolled out onto all operating systems before general release in December, I am not sure though.

MarkD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On reefbuilders coverage of mobius he clearly states it's android compatible.

I hope it is Will, I have not seen this, I am just going from the evidence in front of me, hopefully it will be out on all operating systems so all can enjoy.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back