Mobius Questions

sfmacguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I open today my Mobius App and a news appears in my homepage that indicates I’m now able to add legacy product and update them.
Ok i wait this moment along. I have 2 MP10 one with white controller and one Black QD drive. All are ES and I have them in paired mode. I tried to add new devices but Mobius doesn’t find anything, also clickIng on “legacy product”. I try to put the vortech in pair mode and search them but nothing...what I’m missing? Why I can’t see my Vortechs in “add new device” window. I suppose that at least the QD version was supported by Mobius!

It's because your devices are older than when they started to implement the "Mobius" Chip. You can purchase the upgrade chip at ecotech for $20 per unit.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I open today my Mobius App and a news appears in my homepage that indicates I’m now able to add legacy product and update them.
Ok i wait this moment along. I have 2 MP10 one with white controller and one Black QD drive. All are ES and I have them in paired mode. I tried to add new devices but Mobius doesn’t find anything, also clickIng on “legacy product”. I try to put the vortech in pair mode and search them but nothing...what I’m missing? Why I can’t see my Vortechs in “add new device” window. I suppose that at least the QD version was supported by Mobius!
If you are using EcoSmartLive to control them, then you should be able to check each devices properties and see if they are Mobius ready. If they are not, then you would need to upgrade the wireless board on the Driver.

Easy to upgrade as well

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of 1 June, Ecotech has started rolling out QD controllabilty through mobius. However it's not sweeping, it will be a few every week.

To see if you're one of the lucky ones, keep an eye out in mobius. To check for the invite, you will get a notification on the mobius home page. You'll notice it at the top right under the bell icon.

The notification will say something to the effect "quiet drive support, you can now add legacy vectra and vortech equipment...."

Edit: Be sure you're running the latest app. At this time it should be 1.4
Have you any clue if I’m one of th e lucky ones you am able to do the optional update for my mp40s but what if I don’t want to use mobius to control them because I would like to continue to use apex to control them so I still do the update one t mobius app? I don’t want to screw up my programs wirh apex that work fine but don’t like to see the little red alerts for updates available.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you any clue if I’m one of th e lucky ones you am able to do the optional update for my mp40s but what if I don’t want to use mobius to control them because I would like to continue to use apex to control them so I still do the update one t mobius app? I don’t want to screw up my programs wirh apex that work fine but don’t like to see the little red alerts for updates available.
You will receive the update once it's released to the masses, but it will be optional at public release as well. You can even downgrade firmware in case you'd like to go back.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will receive the update once it's released to the masses, but it will be optional at public release as well. You can even downgrade firmware in case you'd like to go back.
So if I update it will still work with apex wmx ?

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding from another thread, the update only allows mobius usability. If you still want to use the apex and WXM, you would leave the firmware you currently have.

On that thread they also showed how to downgrade the firmware(back to legacy) if you wanted to try out mobius.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I update it will still work with apex wmx ?
No, updating the vortechs is a ground up firmware upgrade, it changes the way it communicates. By doing that it will no longer be able to be seen by wxm. There's no advantage to upgrading and then downgrading, so don't waste your time.

Another thing to note is after June 1st all the QDs (vortechs and vectras) that are sold will come mobius ready, and will only communicate with mobius. For those new units you will have to downgrade so that it can talk to wxm. So at least there's a path to downgrade.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, updating the vortechs is a ground up firmware upgrade, it changes the way it communicates. By doing that it will no longer be able to be seen by wxm. There's no advantage to upgrading and then downgrading, so don't waste your time.

Another thing to note is after June 1st all the QDs (vortechs and vectras) that are sold will come mobius ready, and will only communicate with mobius. For those new units you will have to downgrade so that it can talk to wxm. So at least there's a path to downgrade.
Thank you very much this is the info I was looking for. So pretty much I should not upgrade and because I don’t upgrade most likely when ever I open mobius app there will always be red marks stating an update is available

Micaeltercer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many users already have control of quiet drives and g4s. Etm is rolling it out slowly just to minimize overwhelming customer support.

You'll know when you get access by checking announcements in mobius app. You'll see it under the bell icon (top right) of the home page.

Woah! I didn’t know this was happening. I actually just booted up Mobius and was able to add my Vectra S2 pump. Thanks!

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your pump I bought one a few months ago and hooking it up this week and hoping I can connect it with legacy devices

The age of the pump does not mean anything when adding legacy devices to Mobius. Vectra1 pumps may have an old green chip which is not Mobius compatible and need to be upgraded. Vectra 2 pumps should have the correct black Mobius compatible chip. They are allowing access to Legacy devices in batches. If you just signed up an account on the app, then I suggest you just check the app every few days for an in app notification.

The_Barrs_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The age of the pump does not mean anything when adding legacy devices to Mobius. Vectra1 pumps may have an old green chip which is not Mobius compatible and need to be upgraded. Vectra 2 pumps should have the correct black Mobius compatible chip. They are allowing access to Legacy devices in batches. If you just signed up an account on the app, then I suggest you just check the app every few days for an in app notification.
Awesome i was able to hook my vortechs up today, thank you!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 127 59.3%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.4%
Back