Mobius Questions

Micaeltercer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once they release the app for other devices it will require a firmware update.

Once you have updated the equiptment to Mobius they will not work with ESL.

You will be able to downgrade the equiptment back to ESL if you want. The 2 programs can not be used together.

Any idea of when they will roll out support for Gen 4 and for the other Ecotech products like the Vectras.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1582888945555.png

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have B-52's still in service. It is safe to say that your new $2100 worth of pumps is far from legacy equipment. I think you will be all right ;)

Things largely only become obsolete when support/parts stop being available. I'm not entirely sure whether ESL is locally hosted on my computer or requires an ETM server …. but if the latter, at some point that will end.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went into ESL, turns out my Vectra is not möbius ready, nor are six of my seven radions. I’ll likely wait to see what enhancements möbius offers over reeflink before replacing all those cards; though I do see that ETM is now selling the mobius-ready WiFi card for $20 (doesn’t say whether they work with radions though). Wireless card used to be $50, so if that is 'permanent' its a customer friendly move.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things largely only become obsolete when support/parts stop being available. I'm not entirely sure whether ESL is locally hosted on my computer or requires an ETM server …. but if the latter, at some point that will end.
It’s hosted on an ETM server.
Ive had issues before and been on the phone while they told me they we’re switching my account to a different server there to see if it fixed my issue I called about (it didn’t but not the point)

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went into ESL, turns out my Vectra is not möbius ready, nor are six of my seven radions. I’ll likely wait to see what enhancements möbius offers over reeflink before replacing all those cards; though I do see that ETM is now selling the mobius-ready WiFi card for $20 (doesn’t say whether they work with radions though). Wireless card used to be $50, so if that is 'permanent' its a customer friendly move.
There was talk about them offering the chips up at cost, I'm glad that they decided to do it.

Recipe2reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to add my vectra s1 to mobius with no luck.
Can’t seem to find any information about what modals are ready to go and which ones need Rf up grades.

D8A917B1-593F-4B77-9CAF-49F1D8E4DA39.jpeg

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t seem to find any information about what modals are ready to go and which ones need Rf up grades.

Because Mobius works with G5 and Versa pumps ONLY right now. Control of other devices will be released at a later date which has not been released.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There is no information yet because Mobius app is not compatible with Vortech/Vectra yet. That is a yet-to-be-released update, only available currently to beta testers.

Patientman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So IF I am reading all this correctly … even though my reef link shows "Mobius Ready" on my G4s and Vortechs … it doesn't mean that Mobius is ready to run them at this time? Just hate running G4s and vortechs on the reef link and the one new G5 on Mobius.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So IF I am reading all this correctly … even though my reef link shows "Mobius Ready" on my G4s and Vortechs … it doesn't mean that Mobius is ready to run them at this time? Just hate running G4s and vortechs on the reef link and the one new G5 on Mobius.
That's correct

ETM is getting ready to release support for the vortech pumps via Mobius shortly, so keep an eye out in Mobius for the notification. Support got the G4 is still being worked on for public release, but it shouldn't be too far off.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of 1 June, Ecotech has started rolling out QD controllabilty through mobius. However it's not sweeping, it will be a few every week.

To see if you're one of the lucky ones, keep an eye out in mobius. To check for the invite, you will get a notification on the mobius home page. You'll notice it at the top right under the bell icon.

The notification will say something to the effect "quiet drive support, you can now add legacy vectra and vortech equipment...."

Edit: Be sure you're running the latest app. At this time it should be 1.4

Micaeltercer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's correct

ETM is getting ready to release support for the vortech pumps via Mobius shortly, so keep an eye out in Mobius for the notification. Support got the G4 is still being worked on for public release, but it shouldn't be too far off.
Hopefully by New Years we can have some idea of when they’ll release the update everyone is waiting on

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully by New Years we can have some idea of when they’ll release the update everyone is waiting on
Many users already have control of quiet drives and g4s. Etm is rolling it out slowly just to minimize overwhelming customer support.

You'll know when you get access by checking announcements in mobius app. You'll see it under the bell icon (top right) of the home page.

Caccamo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I open today my Mobius App and a news appears in my homepage that indicates I’m now able to add legacy product and update them.
Ok i wait this moment along. I have 2 MP10 one with white controller and one Black QD drive. All are ES and I have them in paired mode. I tried to add new devices but Mobius doesn’t find anything, also clickIng on “legacy product”. I try to put the vortech in pair mode and search them but nothing...what I’m missing? Why I can’t see my Vortechs in “add new device” window. I suppose that at least the QD version was supported by Mobius!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 72 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back