Mode Aquariums - Documenting my experience

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally decided to take my chances and order a skimmer from these guys. Hit the PayPal button and...ERROR. Research says the error indicates a problem on their end. Anyone successfully make a purchase from Mode Aquariums through PayPal? Or does the hit and miss reputation make it better to go credit card anyway? Gotta say the PayPal fail raises a few red flags. Why is it so hard to get a quality nano skimmer?

Johnnyrainbowreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally decided to take my chances and order a skimmer from these guys. Hit the PayPal button and...ERROR. Research says the error indicates a problem on their end. Anyone successfully make a purchase from Mode Aquariums through PayPal? Or does the hit and miss reputation make it better to go credit card anyway? Gotta say the PayPal fail raises a few red flags. Why is it so hard to get a quality nano skimmer?
Yes I recently did and it was about 6 weeks back and forth but I did get it and he was apologetic about the ordeal. But I am glad he came through. I think the guy has more business than he can handle.

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I recently did and it was about 6 weeks back and forth but I did get it and he was apologetic about the ordeal. But I am glad he came through. I think the guy has more business than he can handle.

Glad it worked out! I just fired off a message to them. Hopefully I hear back before too long.

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd add an update with my experiences with Mode Aquariums.

I ordered the PLS-50 Skimmer from them (one of the few skimmer choices out there that fits in the accessory chambers of IM tanks).

I attempted contact with them over the PayPal (as the OP noted, PayPal gives an error) issue twice, once by email and once through Facebook and didn't get any response to either.

Decided on Sept 22nd to just go ahead and order with my cc. Nearly a week later the order still showed "processing" so I contacted them two more times on the 28th, once through their web interface and once by email. I actually got a response to the email on Sept 30 and they informed me it was packed and ready to ship. The skimmer arrived in good shape today (Oct 5) from UPS.

I will agree with your assessment, @REEFERADDICT01, it feels like a really small company that can't keep up with what they have going on.

Johnnyrainbowreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd add an update with my experiences with Mode Aquariums.

I ordered the PLS-50 Skimmer from them (one of the few skimmer choices out there that fits in the accessory chambers of IM tanks).

I attempted contact with them over the PayPal (as the OP noted, PayPal gives an error) issue twice, once by email and once through Facebook and didn't get any response to either.

Decided on Sept 22nd to just go ahead and order with my cc. Nearly a week later the order still showed "processing" so I contacted them two more times on the 28th, once through their web interface and once by email. I actually got a response to the email on Sept 30 and they informed me it was packed and ready to ship. The skimmer arrived in good shape today (Oct 5) from UPS.

I will agree with your assessment, @REEFERADDICT01, it feels like a really small company that can't keep up with what they have going on.

JOSE3504

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@REEFERADDICT01, can you please post a picture of the Mode Aquariums tank you ordered? I see you posted you finally got it and I'm still a little hesitant on ordering one for myself. I would greatly appreciate it if you did. Thanks!

Back