Modern coral eating!

Texas Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
433
Location
Pearland, Tx.
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It usually looks like this...
u9uge2a3.jpg

But tonight I target fed it some spirulina brine, and fed the rank oyster feast, phyto feast, and roti feast, and it did this! Pretty cool! That's one big mouth! The LFS said she never target fed it, and she'd probably had it a couple years. I've had it 3 days.
 
Pretty neat!! Be sure not to overfeed the coral. It can lead to food decaying in the coral as it digests it. This can lead to the demise of the coral.
 
Ok! Thanks for the tip! Maybe it will be an every other week kind of feeding?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new