Status
Not open for further replies.

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, water is probably in my house now. This a pic a neighbor took of my house at about 2pm. I am sure the water is inside now. I hope it doesn't get much worse. When I left for work in the morning there was no water. image1.jpeg
Another family members house who lived near me house was like this.
Screenshot_2016-08-15-15-52-45.png
Oh $HIZ!!!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a nice cut of steak
Rub olive oil and montreal steak seasoning over both sides
Get a cast iron skillet and coat in olive oil
Place skillet in oven
Turn oven on broil and let sit for around 10 minutes depending on your oven and how long it takes to heat up.

Drink a beverage of choice

Turn a stove top burner to high before around 10 minutes are up.

Get your timers ready as this will go fast.

Take very hot cast iron skillet out of oven onto very hot stove top burner.

Place steak in skillet and let sit for 30 seconds

Turn over and let sit for 30 seconds

Hurry and place back in oven for 1 minute 30 seconds.

Hurry and take out and flip over. Quickly back in oven for 1 minute 30 seconds

Take out of oven and place steak (s) onto a plate and this is the most important part. Cover with aluminum foil and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.

Drink a beverage of choice

Enjoy the best steak ever.

If you want more red then reduce oven time not searing time. If its a really thick steak or you like leather (more well done) then increase oven time.

If you like veggies after placing the steak on the plate and covering it add veggies into the skillet and cook them up add some olive oil on top and absorbing the seasoning from the steak. Broccoli is good for that.

You can do so much better than this... Next time put the steak in a 400F oven on a rack until the internal temp hits 110ish depending on thickness. While the steak is in the oven heat a cast iron pan on a burner. When you hit the internal temp, place the steak in the cast iron pan to sear both sides. Then let it rest a few minutes.
It may sound backwards, but it is the best way to do a steak without going outside.

And why is this thread still open? Hasn't it been 15 minutes yet?

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do so much better than this... Next time put the steak in a 400F oven on a rack until the internal temp hits 110ish depending on thickness. While the steak is in the oven heat a cast iron pan on a burner. When you hit the internal temp, place the steak in the cast iron pan to sear both sides. Then let it rest a few minutes.
It may sound backwards, but it is the best way to do a steak without going outside.

And why is this thread still open? Hasn't it been 15 minutes yet?

I'll try it but sounds like it takes to long. Searing and the quick bake keeps all the juices in it.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
............And why is this thread still open? Hasn't it been 15 minutes yet?

I can answer this....because it was only a simple "dare" to kill this post in 15 minutes. It would have to progress to double dare, and then double dog dare, and I would think that it would have to get up in the area of a quadruple hog triple dog double frog dare before the thread would be closed. A simple progression of the dare's would first have to occur. I hope this clearly explains why this hasn't been closed.

Live on! :D

Ljaus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random fact time. They are in every humans immune system, studies show that human life can't exist without them. Normally harmless, however in some people, like me, they go wrong and when it does it goes very wrong. It's a complicated life long illness with no cure that for most sufferers requires a lot of medication to have some form of daily function. image.jpeg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try it but sounds like it takes to long. Searing and the quick bake keeps all the juices in it.
Actually, it will be juicier this way. Well, for a thick steak it would anyway. And why would you cut a thin steak? Bleh.

Baking it first preps the steak for the sear. As long as you don't cut or poke it you will not lose the juices. You will find you get a much faster, shallower, and more complete sear this way. And, since it is faster, more of the middle of the steak stays that nice rare/medium rare.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a chef in the family, @Brew12 is correct....searing is a myth....it actually produces a less juice steak. Leave it out all together, and that steak will be extra juicy. Just cook to 140 and you'll have a medium cooked juicy steak.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When other people are meticulously testing their water, measuring exactly how much to dose, patiently counting down the 72 days of quarantine, changing water for the 3rd time this month, cleaning their calcium reactor and posting on disease threads as to what that is hanging out of their lipstick tang.

I am making stuffed Calamari with linguini.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When other people are meticulously testing their water, measuring exactly how much to dose, patiently counting down the 72 days of quarantine, changing water for the 3rd time this month, cleaning their calcium reactor and posting on disease threads as to what that is hanging out of their lipstick tang.

I am making stuffed Calamari with linguini.

You raise squid in your reef tank???? That is impressive!!!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back