Modular Marine Reviews?

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with Modular Marine? I'm looking at purchasing one of their overflows for a new 180g build. I'm wondering if the build quality and functionality is equivalent to Reef Savvy and others. Thanks.

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a custom sump kit from them for my for a 20h tank and I absolutely love it. The quality is very nice [emoji1303] very well packaged as well . I really don't know much about the overflows though.

treedog5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a overflow box also, should be here next week and I can let you know how it looks...

Even Further

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a ghost from them, and the quality was great. I now have an internal low profile box with the ramped teeth. Both orders were custom size and made correctly. Thumbs up from me.

OP
OP
Syntax1235

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a ghost from them, and the quality was great. I now have an internal low profile box with the ramped teeth. Both orders were custom size and made correctly. Thumbs up from me.

Did the kit come with a template to drill the holes? My concern is that a 2 inch bulkhead requires almost a 3 inch hole, this seems like a big hole even in a 180 gallon tank especially since it's near the trim.

Even Further

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a larger size overflow for the tank. I had them change the BH size to a smaller size, since the tank didn't need 2" size. This was on a 75.

I didn't get a template, and just made my own with scrap wood. MM can add a drill template with the order. I added a top cover for the internal box on mine.

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had two ghost overflows and they are fantastic. He also offers a lid if you message him

Zwogle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing too special
What did you end up doing with them? I'm trying to figure it out. Any pictures?
Not sure what the name would be for overflow system, but here is the mockup, first pipe is at full syphon, second as the emergency drain, third is about halfway up (all using the included uniseal). I also added pvc couplers inside the box, so I could adjust the height of the riser tubes as needed. The first and third have ball valves so they can be adjusted as needed. It works pretty good, and is generally mostly silent, but does need some adjusting now and then.
Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 12.30.40 PM.png

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing too special

Not sure what the name would be for overflow system, but here is the mockup, first pipe is at full syphon, second as the emergency drain, third is about halfway up (all using the included uniseal). I also added pvc couplers inside the box, so I could adjust the height of the riser tubes as needed. The first and third have ball valves so they can be adjusted as needed. It works pretty good, and is generally mostly silent, but does need some adjusting now and then.
Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 12.30.40 PM.png

Very nice drawup thanks

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Looking for feedback on these overflow kits. Any issues with water leaking through either connecting or bottom bulkheads?

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for feedback on these overflow kits. Any issues with water leaking through either connecting or bottom bulkheads?

Haven’t set mine up yet but I doubt it. I haven’t seen any bad reviews. Are you have trouble?

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my MM overflow for over 2 years now. No issues at all.

As long as there is a gasket on the bulkhead, it shouldn’t leak. I’ve always found it handtighten until you can’t anymore then a 1/4 to 1/2 more with an adjustable wrench snugs it down and eliminates any potential leaks

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, no issues.....just trying to get feedback before I place an order for my new tank.
I have nothing but good things to say about them. Great business and customer service. Work isn’t super clean too

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back