Molly birthing question!

Ando1231

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all

I’ve been searching through some threads and Google but can’t find a solid answer. One of my Molly’s popped out a bunch of babies about 4 weeks ago and I kind of suspected it based on her size and shape. Today when re-doing some stuff I noticed she must had birthed another batch last night or today. Has anyone had this happen and how long will she keep birthing for?

Staghorn

Original Reef Gangster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to breed guppies as a hobby and remember some females would Have babies 2-3 times after being separated from a male. I pretty sure I remember reading they could store sperm for up to 1 month. I’m no expert I basically was breeding fish in pickle jars but it was pretty fun.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
females can reproduce for multiple months after mating with a male; honestly IME live bearers started taking over my tank so I eventually removed them all. If I do Saltwater live bearers again, I will do all females no males.

OP
OP
Ando1231

Ando1231

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! The ones I have are all females but was definitely already with a male before bringing them home. All the babies from the first go were eaten up within two days so thankfully nothings getting out of hand yet.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back