Molting or dying?

clownaround4giggles

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2023
Messages
53
Reaction score
15
Location
long island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Walked into my room and saw my emerald crab “Austin” in the dying spider pose- he’s still kinda moving his front claws but generally not moving anything else and his apron is just open. I haven’t seen him molt yet and i Don’t think it’s starvation because he’s been eating both bubble algae and the crab pellets I give him on occasion. Have not seen him molt yet tho. Please help! (P.s. the giant bristle worm he lives next to hasn’t tried to kill him yet so I’m leaning towards molting)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0163.mov
    40.5 MB
Walked into my room and saw my emerald crab “Austin” in the dying spider pose- he’s still kinda moving his front claws but generally not moving anything else and his apron is just open. I haven’t seen him molt yet and i Don’t think it’s starvation because he’s been eating both bubble algae and the crab pellets I give him on occasion. Have not seen him molt yet tho. Please help! (P.s. the giant bristle worm he lives next to hasn’t tried to kill him yet so I’m leaning towards molting)
Update: just came to mind that he may have been munching on my GSP and green Palys…. Could it be palytoxin?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new