Molting Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter popalud
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

popalud

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2026
Messages
86
Reaction score
51
Location
US and A (Very nice!)
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the bad pic quality, but anyone familiar with skunk cleaner shrimp confirm if this is in the process of molting? He just arrived today.
20260623_142151_1BEA650A-37AD-418C-B42A-2931602D8E08.png
 
Sorry for the bad pic quality, but anyone familiar with skunk cleaner shrimp confirm if this is in the process of molting? He just arrived today.
20260623_142151_1BEA650A-37AD-418C-B42A-2931602D8E08.png

How does the shrimp look today?

Molting during or soon after transport can cause issues with a "stuck" or failed molt....
 
I have 2 of these in my Tank and they Molt quite a bit. Every 3-4 weeks. Usually I can tell they are close by looking at their Antenna. They will change from pure white to a mixture of Red and White. Also, they always molt in the middle of the night.
 
How does the shrimp look today?

Molting during or soon after transport can cause issues with a "stuck" or failed molt....
It's doing great! Definitely not molting. I'm assuming what i thought was molting was just translucent legs that looked like pale exoskeleton. He's hiding currently, but exploring the tank/tankmates and eating.
 
I have 2 of these in my Tank and they Molt quite a bit. Every 3-4 weeks. Usually I can tell they are close by looking at their Antenna. They will change from pure white to a mixture of Red and White. Also, they always molt in the middle of the night.
Thanks for the intel! I'll keep a look our for this behavior.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new