Monitoring Saltinity

  • Thread starter Thread starter DEL 707
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DEL 707

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2024
Messages
147
Reaction score
38
Location
UK, Kent
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a small 56l tank.
With the tank being so small, I'm worried about evaporation and saltinity levels rising.

While looking for a monitoring device quick google search showed the Seneye reef system, which is in my price range. But from what I can see it needs to be connected to a PC or pay extra for the server addon.
It also has a lot of bells and whistles I don't really care about.

Can anyone recommend a good device? The more basic, the better.
 
I would recommend getting a Tunze ATO; they work like a charm.
 
If you have a reliable auto top off you only have to measure salinity when you do a water change.
Unless you are dosing something that changes salinity (or have a leak) it will not change (within the accuracy of your auto top off device).

I have seen many reports of electronic salinity testers/monitors losing calibration over time leading to bad results so I don't trust them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new