Monster brittle star, over 2' long

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rakie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
5,567
Reaction score
17,040
Location
Southern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is my buddies, standard 4x2x2 120g.

He eats about 1/3 tsp of pellets a day, and he will find any dead fish well before you.

11/10 brittle boy

8ce02ee4c28597da913c7e3efd03aa5a.jpg
60b10f8cca43ab425004ce1f93361bc1.jpg
71b0b2d36cebee6d005384fedca78f8c.jpg
 
I like him, my buddy has had him over a decade now so he's def old for a captive star.
 
Looks like beauty.


Really, a live fish eater. Mine hides so much i would have never guessed it could catch a livefish.
 
I will tell you this...my fish stopped going missing after I got rid of it.

This one doesn't eat anybody, but my friend also dumps in about 1/3 TSP per day of pellets that he gets at least 1/4 to 1/2 of, so probably about 1/6th TSP of pellets a day just for this big star. Maybe that's why he doesn't bother hunting anything... Either way, he'll definitely find a dead fish well before my buddy will. he only comes out for feeding otherwise you'd never know he was in tank.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new