Monti cap dead tussue spot

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2019
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,049
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed this growing white spot on my monti cap. It goes through all the way to the bottom side.
Alk is 7.8
cal 430
Temp 78
Nitrate not sure will test soon
Phos will test soon
I have yet to take par readings as well in this system

I have inspected for pests and also did a 15 min dip in revive to prevent bacterial issues. This monti was out of a previous tank where an alk crystal fell on it causing a small burn. There was algae on the dead spot. The algae is now gone in the new system and the spot is now growing. Tank is fully cycled and was established with live rock from the old system
If i left any info out I can provide when asked

20200830_134618.jpg 20200830_134615.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new