Monti coral questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter GillianB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GillianB

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2021
Messages
88
Reaction score
23
Location
06371
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Monti in m6 aquarium and around the last week or so it started loosing color. I have done lots of research and found that they like lots of light I also found that there are lots of different kinds of monties.
i would like to know what kind of monti it is and what I can do to help it get color back and grow

thanks in advance

image.jpg
 
Where is flow positioned relative to the montipora?

If the flow is hitting it directly and hard it can cause it to recede. I accidentally bumped my nozzle once and pointed directly at a monti and wondered where all of the polyps and color was going. I fixed it and it bounced back pretty quickly.

Just a thought.

You’re also right, they do love light.

Thumb through the list here and you’ll probably find a match:

https://www.tidalgardens.com/corals/sps/velvet-corals-montipora.html
 
Where is flow positioned relative to the montipora?

If the flow is hitting it directly and hard it can cause it to recede. I accidentally bumped my nozzle once and pointed directly at a monti and wondered where all of the polyps and color was going. I fixed it and it bounced back pretty quickly.

Just a thought.

You’re also right, they do love light.

Thumb through the list here and you’ll probably find a match:

https://www.tidalgardens.com/corals/sps/velvet-corals-montipora.html
The power head in the tank is about 6in down the tank and aiming at the GSP on the rock
The monti is placed in ( what i think is) low flow side of the tank
I have never seen a monti polyp
Should I move it to a different area of the tank?
 
I have a photo of the tank
 

Attachments

  • 52BD5428-41CD-4F32-BD6E-8A47F68990D8.jpeg
    52BD5428-41CD-4F32-BD6E-8A47F68990D8.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 80

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new