Monti eating nudibranchs.... help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bassett22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bassett22

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2015
Messages
106
Reaction score
34
Location
Atlanta
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo... I have this massive colony of green w/ purple rim monti cap that has slowly been in decline, the other night I start look real close and notice the fuzzy little b!*#@&# all over it. I have another massive purple monti cap colony that isn't infected yet, a few other nice montis that I don't want to lose. I plan on pulling all my montis out of the tank and dipping in coral rx once a week for how ever long it takes, but I doubt I can remove all the encrusted monti off the rocks, I assume the nudis will kill the rest off and then die off? or will the remain in the tank as long as there is something left? will they only eat enough monti to survive and keep a little bit alive and growing?

Has anyone beat this monster without just removing all montiporas?
 
I know some wrasse will eat nudi's such as a 6-line (mean little boogers), surely there is something you can do other than them eating the corals. I would be concerned what might be on those nudi's menu after all the monti' are gone.
 
I had a 6 line and i don't think it helped at all. i did a bayer dip and they all died....... my piece was tiny compared to yours.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new