Montipora Cap Growth Unser high flow

George Hamblin

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2019
Messages
14
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What have you guys seen with monti caps under high flow?
Do they grow better/ faster?
 
Monti are my favorite corals. I have a giant colony (my profile picture) I have the coral in the middle of the tank where both power heads are aimed and the return pump is aimed above so it hits the glass and gives extra flow. I have a frag if the monti that I got 4 months ago and it’s taking off. Already outgrew the frag and trying to find a good spot for it currently!
 
High flow will allow the monti to grow in cool layers, lower flow monti will grow flatter
 
High flow for sure. Takes a while for new reefers to learn this and that its really hard to provide too much flow.
 
High flow for sure. Takes a while for new reefers to learn this and that its really hard to provide too much flow.

Oh no, I’m not new, I’m just new to sps :). I’ve had tanks for about 3 years now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new