Montipora is losing flesh

Chris_Noles

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2020
Messages
754
Reaction score
330
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9F06E81C-AC98-4E3D-8455-CBAAB90573E1.jpeg

Monti is losing more flesh after I put it lower in the tank, what should I do?
 
Mine did that recently and i am not certain why? I'm leaving mine where it is and hoping it pulls through again. I've had it for a few? years and it seems to start growing like a weed and then poof half of it fades out and disappears.
 
Mine did that recently and i am not certain why? I'm leaving mine where it is and hoping it pulls through again. I've had it for a few? years and it seems to start growing like a weed and then poof half of it fades out and disappears.
Yeah It was losing flesh on one part of it and then randomly starting losing it in the middle, very odd
 
Check late at night for any culprits like montipora eating nudibranch. Hopefully not but check. Also did you by chance move it more under direct light or just lower? Looks like it's directly under LED now, was it off to the side before?
 
Check late at night for any culprits like montipora eating nudibranch. Hopefully not but check. Also did you by chance move it more under direct light or just lower? Looks like it's directly under LED now, was it off to the side before?
Yeah it was losing flesh so I put it on the substrate it lost more so I put it up just a little bit higher. Will check for nudibranch tonight, doubt I have any though
 
Honestly, it does look like pest damage. Wait til a few hours after full lights out, pick up the frag and inspect, they could be hiding right under the frag, or the frag plug
 
Looked on the monti after the lights were out for 2-3 hours and found nothing on it, hmmm
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new