Montipora Issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter arranms96
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

arranms96

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2021
Messages
50
Reaction score
16
Location
London
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me figure out what is wrong with this Montipora? I have a few SPS frags and most of them seem ok but this one is slowly going white. I thought it may have been down to shading, but now I'm not sure.

2021-05-15 19.15.55.jpg



Alk - 8.5
Calcium - 450 (was was around 500 a week ago and slowly bringing it down to 420ish)
Mag - 1400

I dont currently have test kits for nutrients as I ran out but last tests (Two weeks ago) Nitrate - 0.2 Phosphate - 0.03. My Salinity is currently a bit high at 36.4 (Apex Salinity Probe) , slowly coming back down to 35. I have already redipped it using RXPRO and there was no signs of pests.


I am running 2x Hydra H26 Over a Reefer 350 with the below schedule

2021-05-15 19.24.05.jpg





Any ideas?
 
I agree this looks like shading. Light and chem looks good. Getting enough flow?
 
Excessive shading. Not a very happy bubblegum. Ive found bubblegum and flames prefer nitrate over 5ppm as well.
 
Sorry one last thought - APEX salinity (conductivity) probes are notrious for drift and interference. Please don’t make salinity decisions based solely on one. Do you have a refractometer you can confirm with?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new