Montipora parameters

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2018
Messages
1,326
Reaction score
1,158
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone , my aquarium is recovering from a tank crash . And still my montipora are struggling for life . Most have passed. I have a orange monti cap , sunset , spongodes, green cap . These are all that’s left . From about 15 different ones . Currently the parameters are
Dkh8.6
Nitrates 16
Phosphate .90
Temp 79 f

I don’t bother checking calcium, or magnesium much anymore . There have been some water changes.
BUT my question is why do my montipora suffer so much but acropora not suffer ?
the tank crash was from phosphate doseing and nitrate doseing. Which has been discontinued since the aquarium will maintain some nutrients now . And yes they both were true zero with all the death and bleaching that goes with it . I bought some $5 monti frags lately and they didn’t last long . I’m thinking of a ICP test .
 
I realized the phosphate got wrote incorrectly it is .090 not .9
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new