Montipora Show Off Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter butts182
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I forgot the actual name of this green Monti. This picture is 3 to 4 months old. Lately I'm seeing more purple rim.
386e14b5bb7a2a561041b744ede241cd.jpg
 
I forgot the actual name of this green Monti. This picture is 3 to 4 months old. Lately I'm seeing more purple rim.
386e14b5bb7a2a561041b744ede241cd.jpg

Nodules look like it could be a Leng Sy cap.
 
The red one is taking over. I placed a red, green and purple monti together hoping they would spiral and grow together but the red one grows so much faster than the others. Pictures are about a month old and the the red has almost covered the others entirely now.

2a90cc24669010a4ed5596379eca6be0.jpg
689024e5f3a8a709ac0b1271e47c6e2f.jpg
8f7a4032e9e7287fe946a54945c894cc.jpg
2c8feda3a88259fcb5d697163bc027ee.jpg
f9776a92be63896287eeffcb198df909.jpg
511f41962206a179f75066b907d1248e.jpg
 
Is this okay placement? I never grown sps in my tank. Starting to find out they might fight each other. Going from left to right should i take 3 an 4 an put them lower in the tank. On the edge of the rock work?
1523646475032.jpg
1523646498256.jpg
 
EDDEF06B-B10A-498D-8FC0-2E060A317968.jpeg

Finally my expensive monti’s are recovering after my battle with Dino’s. Thought these guys were a goner for sure at one point. Colors and growth is coming back.
RR Golden Nugget
RR Crazy T
WWC Kung Pow
JF Altered Ego
JF Beach Bum
 
Last edited:
Nope I got so much red Monti I literally have to try just and give it to someone else without trashing it

There are worse problems to have!
 
There are worse problems to have!
When I upgrade to a 500g in a few years 2 things to remember. Never put montipora or birsdnest in your tank.
This is 3 months of growth from a twig. Note there has been numberous amounts of trimmings done to stop it from taking over in horizontal growth 20180423_180359.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new