Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e340239c7ff0a2d9398d118a1d4960fa.jpg

minnowme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about the Appleberry Montipora. I keep monti Digitatas, monti green Elkhorn, a couple other basic montipora. But I have a question regarding the Appleberry Monti. Will the real Appleberry please stand up? I really want to get this little Monti, take it home, and treat it good. Does anyone have any personal photos besides what is on google images search? I'm interested to see what the growth is like, and if the Appleberry is difficult to keep versus digis, Elkhorns.

Anyone with personal experience? Unique corals has a frag available for $50 bucks. Is anyone farmiliar with this particular Monti?
Thanks.

-Mike

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about the Appleberry Montipora. I keep monti Digitatas, monti green Elkhorn, a couple other basic montipora. But I have a question regarding the Appleberry Monti. Will the real Appleberry please stand up? I really want to get this little Monti, take it home, and treat it good. Does anyone have any personal photos besides what is on google images search? I'm interested to see what the growth is like, and if the Appleberry is difficult to keep versus digis, Elkhorns.

Anyone with personal experience? Unique corals has a frag available for $50 bucks. Is anyone farmiliar with this particular Monti?
Thanks.

-Mike
Mike,

It is a palawanensis monti. Slow grower that usually prefers lower light (150 par) medium to high flow. Generally it plates with varying encrusting growth dependent on placement and flow. They're great monti's since they're slow growers and they don't take over as fast as other Monti's. Fairly easy to keep as long as your parameters are in check and you dont blast them with light.

minnowme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike,

It is a palawanensis monti. Slow grower that usually prefers lower light (150 par) medium to high flow. Generally it plates with varying encrusting growth dependent on placement and flow. They're great monti's since they're slow growers and they don't take over as fast as other Monti's. Fairly easy to keep as long as your parameters are in check and you dont blast them with light.

Thankyou. I have had the Appleberry in my tank for about a week or so. I will keep it closer to the bottom of the tank. It is a very chunky frag from uniquecorals. I'm interested to see how it grows. Thankyou!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

• I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

• Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back