Montipora Show Off Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter butts182
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
54A415B3-76F4-4B6C-80D4-91818A7DF229.jpeg 58CF9DCF-0F80-44A2-B958-464A536D2441.jpeg FF8FAFF1-72F4-40B8-84AD-EA9CDB8EC3BC.jpeg 56E38E3E-4EF2-4441-8780-BD6DC9364175.jpeg Wish all my sps grew like this
 
e0b6e455804acfcca2e3417e651968e2.jpg
just picked up this monapora today and i am concerned due to how thin it is, ive owned monapora numerous times in the past and never seen it this thin before! Is this anything i can do to help thicken it up?
 
I have a question about the Appleberry Montipora. I keep monti Digitatas, monti green Elkhorn, a couple other basic montipora. But I have a question regarding the Appleberry Monti. Will the real Appleberry please stand up? I really want to get this little Monti, take it home, and treat it good. Does anyone have any personal photos besides what is on google images search? I'm interested to see what the growth is like, and if the Appleberry is difficult to keep versus digis, Elkhorns.

Anyone with personal experience? Unique corals has a frag available for $50 bucks. Is anyone farmiliar with this particular Monti?
Thanks.

-Mike
 
I have a question about the Appleberry Montipora. I keep monti Digitatas, monti green Elkhorn, a couple other basic montipora. But I have a question regarding the Appleberry Monti. Will the real Appleberry please stand up? I really want to get this little Monti, take it home, and treat it good. Does anyone have any personal photos besides what is on google images search? I'm interested to see what the growth is like, and if the Appleberry is difficult to keep versus digis, Elkhorns.

Anyone with personal experience? Unique corals has a frag available for $50 bucks. Is anyone farmiliar with this particular Monti?
Thanks.

-Mike
Mike,

It is a palawanensis monti. Slow grower that usually prefers lower light (150 par) medium to high flow. Generally it plates with varying encrusting growth dependent on placement and flow. They're great monti's since they're slow growers and they don't take over as fast as other Monti's. Fairly easy to keep as long as your parameters are in check and you dont blast them with light.
 
Mike,

It is a palawanensis monti. Slow grower that usually prefers lower light (150 par) medium to high flow. Generally it plates with varying encrusting growth dependent on placement and flow. They're great monti's since they're slow growers and they don't take over as fast as other Monti's. Fairly easy to keep as long as your parameters are in check and you dont blast them with light.



Thankyou. I have had the Appleberry in my tank for about a week or so. I will keep it closer to the bottom of the tank. It is a very chunky frag from uniquecorals. I'm interested to see how it grows. Thankyou!
 
Hello, anybody knows what kind of monti is this?

image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new