• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Montipora Skin tissue turning black

bigpun86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My recently purchased Seasons Greetings Montipora has some for of TN. Ive had SPS STN & RTN before but this seems different. There are multiple other caps and Montis surrounding this one with no issue and signs of growth with good color so im wondering if this is some sort of disease? All Parameters are great at the moment and there's been no changes to the tank since its been added. The frag has been in the tank for 10 days. All other Montipora frags purchased at the same time are doing great. Sorry for bad photos :-(

Parameters:
PH:8.3
Alk:8.4
CA:410
MG:1400

IMG_3332.JPG IMG_3333.JPG

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
My recently purchased Seasons Greetings Montipora has some for of TN. Ive had SPS STN & RTN before but this seems different. There are multiple other caps and Montis surrounding this one with no issue and signs of growth with good color so im wondering if this is some sort of disease? All Parameters are great at the moment and there's been no changes to the tank since its been added. The frag has been in the tank for 10 days. All other Montipora frags purchased at the same time are doing great. Sorry for bad photos :-(

Parameters:
PH:8.3
Alk:8.4
CA:410
MG:1400

IMG_3332.JPG IMG_3333.JPG
This looks to be some kind of infection, hard to tell what it is.

Cell

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It's really hard to tell what's going on with the blue heavy pics. I'd probably start with an iodine dip and moving it away from other corals to eliminate a chemical warfare issue or something potentially spreading to nearby corals.

Top Shelf Aquatics

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
It's really hard to tell what's going on with the blue heavy pics. I'd probably start with an iodine dip and moving it away from other corals to eliminate a chemical warfare issue or something potentially spreading to nearby corals.
Yes what you said I don't specialize in sps corals. I'll keep it to the Professionals

Lazys Coral House
OP
bigpun86

bigpun86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I think ill keep my calcium where its at as all other SPS are doing great. I found my yellow filter so this photo might be better:

IMG_3334.jpg

Trick-or-Treat Yo'self Sale

Have you ever TRULY had a reason to panic in this hobby?

• Yes

Votes: 270 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 95 25.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 8 2.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
noopsyche