Montipora Stellata question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rickybobby
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2020
Messages
1,173
Reaction score
826
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I have a very smal frag of stellata actually a price dropped off in transit. So I have two epoxied side by side at the top of the tank. Anywho. Question is it is growing slowly up but I had it mounted in epoxy and it has grown like crazy over the epoxy to encrust the rock. Way faster than growing taller is that normal for a Coral like this.
Tank Fluval 13.5
Ph 8.2
1.026
78f
Cal 440
Nitrates almost zero
Pho’s .5ish
Alk 12

2734F676-AC05-44DE-836A-2A24EBE41DC2.jpeg
 
Hey everyone I have a very smal frag of stellata actually a price dropped off in transit. So I have two epoxied side by side at the top of the tank. Anywho. Question is it is growing slowly up but I had it mounted in epoxy and it has grown like crazy over the epoxy to encrust the rock. Way faster than growing taller is that normal for a Coral like this.
Tank Fluval 13.5
Ph 8.2
1.026
78f
Cal 440
Nitrates almost zero
Pho’s .5ish
Alk 12

2734F676-AC05-44DE-836A-2A24EBE41DC2.jpeg

Increase No3!!! I killed my stag doing that!
 
I’ve been trying too! I feed reef roids twice a week and over feed my clowns. Do water changes twice a month and still can’t get nitrates maybe the API test kit sucks
 
It’s funny a lot of people say 2 fish is enough for a 13.5 evo and I can’t get nitrates if I tried.
 
You may want to try another brand to test. You said its encrusted? I am sure there is NO3 there.
 
I wonder. I have been trying hard to get a nitrate reading and it keeps showing prettt much zero. Even though I heavily feed I have a very large cuc that gets to work ASAP so who knows.
 
To answer the question coral growth is a positive thing no matter which direction it is headed.

21AA14A4-F9EE-4B05-9EE4-8FA7AE40D37F.jpeg 0E0A13A7-97D9-4CD2-A9E8-97F92A012D7C.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new