Montipora

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QUESTION ONE
So I want to start to get into more SPS for my evo. I have the flow and lighting situated but after a mini tank crash I'm back with ideas. My plan is to get a montipora cap for 5 bucks that's lime green but I don't know if my alk will be good for it. I like to run my alk around 11 and my calcium around 480. Will that be fine? My nitrate is at 10 and phosphate is being brought down via skimmer.
QUESTION TWO
How long Do montipora eating nudibranchs live? Ive gone about 2 or 3 months without them and they have had no montipora or anacropora to feed on. Should I be good to add some montis in or are the nudis still here potentially

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my mixed reef I keep alk at 8.25, cal at 450, and mag at 1350. I have montipora (encrusting, plating, and branching) and they do fine in my tank with my parameters. I wouldn't personally run my alk as high as you do but part of that is because I run relatively low nitrate. Your calcium level looks fine to me.

I can't answer the original question about the flatworms. I've luckily never had them so I've never done any research on them. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself.

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Why can't i have high alk and low nitrate? I have my nitrate at 10 and my alk at 11. Would this do good?
In my mixed reef I keep alk at 8.25, cal at 450, and mag at 1350. I have montipora (encrusting, plating, and branching) and they do fine in my tank with my parameters. I wouldn't personally run my alk as high as you do but part of that is because I run relatively low nitrate. Your calcium level looks fine to me.

I can't answer the original question about the flatworms. I've luckily never had them so I've never done any research on them. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself.

Back