Montis 101...

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
15,680
Reaction score
304
Location
The "D"
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright guys.. I need a crash course on Montis... what I'm really concern about are the pests that comes with them and what I need to do to prevent them from making it into my tank.. there's been some nice wild ones coming out lately and I plan on pickin up a frag or two just to try out...

I've had my Superman monti for a while now and I really didn't pay too much attention to it but it did pretty good for me... it's very bright blue and red that's why I love it...

Thanks in advance.. and I apologize in advance for the newbie questions...
 
SPS montis biggest threat is the nudibranchs. They are the same size as the polyps and the really bad thing is how fast they can reproduce. You can basically have a 100 adult spawning nudis in 5 days. You can loose an entire tank in 10 days.
Check this link...

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=16&cat=1988&articleid=3354

and this one...

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-10/sp/feature/index.php

and this one...

http://www.qualitymarineusa.com/article.asp?page=feature&id=ECB7612D-64C1-4910-BDA5-439C987A7084
 
Dip it, inspect it, break it off the base rock, dip it, dip it, dip it;). I'm paranoid of the nasties that come in on SPS...
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new