Moorish eating Hysterix

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a Moorish for quite some time now. She was planned for in some depth regarding what they may and may not eat, tank mates etc and their general care....took me over 12 months before finally finding one I was happy to take home and managed to condition her to the point she is a complete pig and very fat.

I’ve been lucky in the fact she doesn’t seem interested in any LPS I have, mainly Euphylia (knowing she may eat them was something I came to terms with)..But....I was given a frag of Hysterix and plating Montipora and she went straight for the Hysterix but no interest in the Montipora yet.

My question is: Do you think she’ll have acquired a taste for all SPS or could she be selective ie may not eat Acropora....I only ask because she doesn’t show interest in the Monti....yet.....I hear plenty of stories about Centropyge’ only eating certain SPS and leaving others alone so just wondering if any others have experience with known risky coral eaters only eating certain types.... broad question I know but interested if others have picky coral eaters in a mixed reef.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Centropyge mostly "pick" and irritate, not eat.

Hopefully the Moorish will stop this behavior.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back