More Coralline!

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So on the backwall of my tank I see lots of Green Coralline and your classic purple but on my hermit crabs I notice maroon coralline algae. Will Different coralline algaes grow on different surfaces?

2021 reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So on the backwall of my tank I see lots of Green Coralline and your classic purple but on my hermit crabs I notice maroon coralline algae. Will Different coralline algaes grow on different surfaces?
Interesting I have no idea

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my tank there are at least 3 type. Green purple an maroon colour. Green is declining really an maroon is only on some spots. I can’t see any pattern in terms of rock flow or lighting why one or the othe is dominant.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the different coralline algaes grow on different light levels and surfaces?
I can’t even say that. Honestly there is n pattern I can recognise. It took off really slow and that might be something to do with the colour of the rocks. While rocks were covered faster and the brown ones slower.
green one was mainly on the glass and the back light purple which is the dominant started on the sides and powerheads going forward in high flow areas later everywhere. Maroon ones started in one spot and now I have several of them everywhere.
C4E8147A-DA17-43BB-8F69-CDCE87C0D3B0.jpeg

345A5857-04F2-4F2A-812A-7FED937F4DC7.jpeg

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long to get that full rock colour?
The white rocks arrived later to my tank. They coloured up fast like in 3 months most of my rock are like the on the picture.
9566CFFB-02D1-42BB-9C13-EBD07A5D5AF9.png

They took longer about 6 months to the level I have showed earlier.
there were a lot of things have impacted it. Started dry rock and had a bad Dino outbreak too. I didn’t deliberately seeded the tank but once I have seen the first spots I have started to dose stuff to accelerate the process. Probably would have happened without it anyway but I promised my wife pink rocks. :)

galactic_coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try the live coraline algae booster at ipsf.com they work great for us and have 3 to 4 colors of coraline algae growing on them.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back