More tank shutdowns for now reason with GHL profilux

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems there is no longer a SA three channel doser - and I thought at some point in the past I also used to see a 2 channel SA doser. I know there is the Maxi which is a 2 head SA unit and is cheaper than the 4 channel SA units.

Tank 1 -> 4 channel SA + KHD + another 4 channel SA + IOND

Repeat for second tank.

Is that accurate?

Weird. Yes, you used to be able to buy a 2 channel SA doser.

Yes, I think your equipment list is correct.

OP
OP
lmm1967

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird. Yes, you used to be able to buy a 2 channel SA doser.

Yes, I think your equipment list is correct.

Do you work for or directly with GHL? I'm not trying to challenge you or question you - please don't take offense. I do need to be absolutely 100% positive of the capabilities, limitations & requirements.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you work for or directly with GHL? I'm not trying to challenge you or question you - please don't take offense. I do need to be absolutely 100% positive of the capabilities, limitations & requirements.

Nope, just a GHL user trying to help. You should contact them directly via a support ticket to be 100% sure.

OP
OP
lmm1967

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, just a GHL user trying to help. You should contact them directly via a support ticket to be sure.

And I certainly do appreciate your responses and help!

These are questions that I think are valuable to other users of their eco-system. I'm hoping they will respond here.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems there is no longer a SA three channel doser - and I thought at some point in the past I also used to see a 2 channel SA doser. I know there is the Maxi which is a 2 head SA unit and is cheaper than the 4 channel SA units.

Tank 1 -> 4 channel SA + KHD + another 4 channel SA + IOND

Repeat for second tank.

Is that accurate?
Almost, you will need either a standalone or P4 per tank. The big difference is in alert functions... but that has been covered.

Here is what you would need per tank:

Tank -> 4 channel SA + KHD + 4 channel slave + IOND

That would give you one extra pump head for parts or use and each tank can have 8 more pump heads added to it if you choose to. If you go with a Maxi, you still need to get to the 7 pump head requirement for the KHD and IOND.

Edit: Not an employee, but have read through some threads and FB groups from their employees. @Vinny@GHLUSA will hopefully chime in with SA recommendations.

OP
OP
lmm1967

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA @Ditto - can you help me (and maybe others in the future) understand the requirements / limitations here?

I have 2 tanks (well, more than 2 really but for this purpose lets call it 2) - these 2 tanks are on different floors of a home.

I need to be able to test & monitor ALK on both tanks. And - someday, test & monitor CA,MG etc on both tanks.

I currently own the following (I own quite a bit more but it's all being sold off):

2 4 channel slave dosers
1 2 channel slave doser
2 KHDs

FUTURE potentially:
2 IONDs

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dual KHD was burried in Ditto's thread, that's how I found out about that quirk and why I went with a P4 & P4e instead of P4 & Expansion box.

The ProfiLux limitation is (1) "unit" per controller, so you can run (1) KHD & (1) IOD per SA doser / P3 / P4 / P4e.

If you have two tanks, and want to run KHD/IOD on both, you will need a controller for each tank. I haven't heard anything about that ever changing.

OP
OP
lmm1967

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dual KHD was burried in Ditto's thread, that's how I found out about that quirk and why I went with a P4 & P4e instead of P4 & Expansion box.

The ProfiLux limitation is (1) "unit" per controller, so you can run (1) KHD & (1) IOD per SA doser / P3 / P4 / P4e.

If you have two tanks, and want to run KHD/IOD on both, you will need a controller for each tank. I haven't heard anything about that ever changing.

Thank you.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Kyl - thanks I know I had posted it somewhere on one of my threads but also why I have a P4e on the frag tank and P4 on the display tank :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 47 41.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back