Most peaceful Wrasse

Sean Duggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I’m looking for the most color, peaceful wrasse. I honestly haven’t had the best luck with fish being peaceful. Had a blonde Naso tang I had to take out of my tank after it went after my rabbit fish and just had to pull a marble wrasse after it went after my pearly jawfish and helfrichi fire fish. So I want to get a very colorful peaceful wrasse. My LFS recommended a pair of Hawaiian flame tail wrasse. My fellow Reefing buddy recommended a Lineatus wrasse pair. Just looking for some suggestions from you guys or if any of you have kept either of these fish. Most important thing is it needs to be peaceful haha. Thanks for any help or advice! :)

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size is your tank?
Sand Bed?
I would recommend no pairs, one will go terminal and kill the other eventually. There are some exceptions but even those are iffy.

If i had to pick 3 for different tank sizes.
Based on colors and temperament.

20-49 gallons pink streaked wrasse
50-100 gallons radiant wrasse need sand
100+ gallons earmuff wrasse need sand

OP
OP
S

Sean Duggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size is your tank?
Sand Bed?
I would recommend no pairs, one will go terminal and kill the other eventually. There are some exceptions but even those are iffy.

If i had to pick 3 for different tank sizes.
Based on colors and temperament.

20-49 gallons pink streaked wrasse
50-100 gallons radiant wrasse need sand
100+ gallons earmuff wrasse need sand
Thanks for the suggestion. It’s a 130 gallon 5’ long tank with a secure net on top and sand bed. I will look at those wrasses.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leopards, flashers and faries have all been really peaceful for me.

Halichloeres and Coris types... not so much. They are not awful, but not super peaceful.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a 5', 130 gallon:

Most fairies
Most flashers
Leopard wrasses (need sand)
Smaller Halichoeres genus wrasses, like chrysus-biocellatus-claudia (all need sand)

Apeman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with what's above, but love my Pintail wrasse-he has been the most peaceful with great coloring

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most fairies (Flame wrasse are awesome!)
Most flashers
Leopard wrasses (need sand) Love these guys!

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leopards, flashers and faries have all been really peaceful for me.

Halichloeres and Coris types... not so much. They are not awful, but not super peaceful.
I have a ornate leopard wrasse (female) was looking into getting a mail. Is that possible? Or would I need more then 1 female?

Luis1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 140 gallon with about 6 different wrasse. Trick I did was put them in all at the same time. Also, same thing I did for my tang. I currently have 2 flame wrasse, madagascar flasher wrasse (holy grail), red margin fairy wrasse, roseband fairy wrasse and ruby head wrasse. I find the most shy to be the madagascar. The most peaceful is probably the red margin fairy.

SaltwaterGuruNeeded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I’m looking for the most color, peaceful wrasse. I honestly haven’t had the best luck with fish being peaceful. Had a blonde Naso tang I had to take out of my tank after it went after my rabbit fish and just had to pull a marble wrasse after it went after my pearly jawfish and helfrichi fire fish. So I want to get a very colorful peaceful wrasse. My LFS recommended a pair of Hawaiian flame tail wrasse. My fellow Reefing buddy recommended a Lineatus wrasse pair. Just looking for some suggestions from you guys or if any of you have kept either of these fish. Most important thing is it needs to be peaceful haha. Thanks for any help or advice! :)
Yeah I have a marble wrasse rn, regretting the decision. Constantly attacks my clowns, pecks at snails, and I feel he is trying to kill my cbs. It said peaceful on live aquaria. Not to mention how hard it is was to get him to eat.

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most fairies (Flame wrasse are awesome!)
Most flashers
Leopard wrasses (need sand) Love these guys!
I agree with fairies and flashers (as long as you only have one male of either). I've never had leopards though so I can't comment on them. I'd also put in a strong vote for yellow coris wrasses. I have 3 in my 300G and they are awesome. They don't have a mix of colors, but their bright yellow color really stands out. They are very peaceful and they kill practically every bad critter except vermetid snails. Only downside is that they view any nassarius snail as dinner, so I don't think I have any of those left in my tank. Other snails have been safe though.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back