Mountain Area Reef Club

Taber

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i live close to Asheville. Is it a decent reef group here. I have only been in the reef hobby for 8 months

OP
OP
Zero Nitrates

Zero Nitrates

I love chalices
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We really like the group. Join us Facebook. Everyone helps each other. We trade frags and equipment. Sometimes we travel to frag swaps together. We have had a couple frag swaps here in Asheville at one of the members house. Would love to have you join.

VtecGuy88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys. I live in Marion. I've only been in the hobby for about 6 months but I have been researching the hobby for much longer. I don't know anyone else with a reef tank except the local fish store that just started selling saltwater stuff. My favorite corals so far have been Euphyllia. I currently have a frogspawn and a torch. I had a purple hammer but I couldn't keep my torch happy without ticking him off so I gave him to the LFS. I have a 50 gallon but I have been looking to upgrade. Just seems like everyone with a decent tank at a decent price either lives in California or new york. So far everything has been going great. I am enjoying the hobby (My wife isn't so much lol.) Its nice to know there are others out there.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys. I live in Marion. I've only been in the hobby for about 6 months but I have been researching the hobby for much longer. I don't know anyone else with a reef tank except the local fish store that just started selling saltwater stuff. My favorite corals so far have been Euphyllia. I currently have a frogspawn and a torch. I had a purple hammer but I couldn't keep my torch happy without ******* him off so I gave him to the LFS. I have a 50 gallon but I have been looking to upgrade. Just seems like everyone with a decent tank at a decent price either lives in California or new york. So far everything has been going great. I am enjoying the hobby (My wife isn't so much lol.) Its nice to know there are others out there.
Just moved to Asheville. Firing up my 15 gallon nano. So where are the good places to coral shop around here.

Squirrelfight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I've been in Asheville now for 17 years and I've been in the freshwater aquarium hobby on and off for most of my life. I've recently decided to try my hand at saltwater and due to the lack of decent aquarium stores in the area, it would be nice to know if anyone is still active close by for some potential advice if needed. All I've got is the internet for advice atm and I've been down that rabbit hole enough to know it can drive a person crazy with false info.

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I've been in Asheville now for 17 years and I've been in the freshwater aquarium hobby on and off for most of my life. I've recently decided to try my hand at saltwater and due to the lack of decent aquarium stores in the area, it would be nice to know if anyone is still active close by for some potential advice if needed. All I've got is the internet for advice atm and I've been down that rabbit hole enough to know it can drive a person crazy with false info.
Welcome to the hobby AND welcome to the forum!!

What questions do you have?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back