Mounting corals on bare bottom

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of adding corals to my 80 gallon bare bottom reef
Are there was Sand in it and a little less rock I redesigned the aquascape
It will be mostly SPS dominated but I am starting on the bottom right now and have a few Cyphastrea corals coming for the bottom low light areas and am thinking of some Palys for some other areas
But what is the best way to mount them so they stay in place?

C06EFAA1-E370-462B-91D2-CF739F885F29.jpeg FBEADB2C-6764-4007-AF4B-2CC851068032.jpeg

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little more history on the tank I am running to TRITON system right now I have five Anthea‘s and two clown fish Coral banded shrimp and I just put a little tuxedo urchin in hopefully that’ll help with a little bit of turf algae I am getting right now
I have been working hard to keep everything stable mostly nitrates and phosphates which I have had to dose
Still really not where I need to be on the nutrients as far as keeping them stable And I know going forward that the food selection and more fish as I put them in are going to constantly change my numbers I am still learning so it’s a lot of testing hopefully I can cut down on that soon Because that’s the hard part or I should say just time consuming
So to summarize I have been working at this for four or five years now and never had a whole Lotta success I realize in the past I didn’t pay enough attention to my nitrates in my phosphates especially the phosphates which I am doing this time questions suggestions criticism anything is welcome so hopefully I can be successful one last time because I’m not going to try again this fails I am putting together a picture album everything as far as pictures that I have

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back