Mounting LED bars with tilt

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends!!! I’m looking to add a LED light bar (36” orphek bar) to my kessil AP9x to reduce shadowing in my mixed reef. I found a wonderful post by @atoll, but as it is a bit aged I was wondering can anyone offer hardware options for how to build a structure that can attach to the back of the tank and have LED bars mounted solidly? The Orphek bars come with small tilt mounts, but I’m unsure how to go about building a low profile “rack” to screw them into. Photo of what I’m trying to do is attached, any advice for products and technique are greatly appreciated.

IMG_4360.jpeg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d look into that slotted aluminum extrusion everyone is using on stands etc.. I could make it easy but I run a fabrication shop lol.. I think that would work well for you and leave you tons of options for adjustment etc.

OP
OP
TX_REEF

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share this for anyone that may find it helpful, these mounting bars from amazon worked perfectly to mount an orphek LED bar to accompany my kessil ap9x, and allowing me to tilt the bar to be angled as desired: https://amzn.to/47K3k89

I considered using aluminum extrusion, but couldn't puzzle out how to secure it attractively to the wall with my tank already fully operating in place with only 4 inches or so between it and the wall. The above arms mount directly to the glass and seem sturdy enough, and have an attractive black finish.

1705506342816.png

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back