Move dos add/remove slider from auto/tbl to off?

ifreefingwasaperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my mix bin optical sensor reaches low I want my dos sliders to move from auto/tbl to off.. and stay off until manually reset once salt is mixed and ready to continue awc

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add a line with the "When" statement to your dos programing. This will set the slider to OFF until you change it.

Dos programing:

Bla bla bla
Whatever your existing code is here
When (mix bin optical sensor) open Then off

OP
OP
I

ifreefingwasaperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CDF8DB2D-9158-454D-9E64-A3DD529F0034.png

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, my oversight. Here is the solution:

You will need to create a virtual outlet.

VO mix_bin programing:

Set OFF
If (mix bin optical sensor) open Then ON

Dos programing:

Bla bla bla
Whatever your existing code is here
When (VO mix_bin) on Then off

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just going to say that. I am working on a solution that will require your intervention to reset.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my mix bin optical sensor reaches low I want my dos sliders to move from auto/tbl to off.. and stay off until manually reset once salt is mixed and ready to continue awc
Forgive me as I’m pretty much blind but hopefully this will make sense. I can’t copy and paste yet but here it goes.

Make virtual outlets labeled something like v_reset and v_mixlow

in v_mixlow program fallback off, if whatever your optical sensor is open or closed depending on your sensor setup then on. This would turn on and off when your sensor is open or closed. Add a line stating if v_reset on then off

in your dos advanced settings add a line stating if v_mixlow on then off

if you have an I/o you could connect a doorbell button to trigger v_reset. If not you have to use the button in fusion

does that make sense?

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The slider will never move to off. It has to remain in auto for any coding to be evaluated. You can have an OFF statement, but the slider will remain in auto.

Off is just that, off. It will not evaluate any coding, and remain off until the slider is moved to ON, or AUTO.

Just as ON is ON. It ignores any coding, and is just ON.

All auto does it makes it so that any coding is evaluated.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The slider will never move to off. It has to remain in auto for any coding to be evaluated. You can have an OFF statement, but the slider will remain in auto.

Off is just that, off. It will not evaluate any coding, and remain off until the slider is moved to ON, or AUTO.

I’m no apex expert, but I don’t believe that
Is correct. I think the difference between an “If” command and a “When” command is that the when will actually move the slider to the off position.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The "when" statement, when triggered, will trigger an error state and will set the slider to off. The trick is working the when statement into the outlet programing using an optical input since the when statement only recognize on and off parameters.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct, had to go look it up. The when command will turn an outlet manually off, until it is manually turned back to auto.

My statement is still somewhat correct though, as if a slider is "off" it will stop evaluating code until the slider is manually switched back to "auto".

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK great thanks again
Ok I have a working and tested solution.
It is not going to move the slider on your dos, but it will move the slider on a virtual outlet which will keep the dos off and set an alarm until you reset it. Just think of it like a master switch.

1) Create a virtual outlet, I named mine
MIX-RESET and add the new virtual outlet to your dashboard

2) Add this programing to MIX-RESET:

Set ON
If mxbnlo open Then OFF
When OFF > 000:05 Then OFF

3) Add this line to your dos programing:

If Error MIX-RESET Then OFF
Or
If MIX-RESET OFF Then OFF
(Either should work but the error will have a 5 second delay, I tried both)

4) Add this line to your Email_Alarm:

If Error MIX-RESET Then ON

5) Go to your dashboard and set the MIX-RESET slider to ON Then back to AUTO.

You must set it to ON before setting it to AUTO every time it trips or it will continuously trip.

I did it this way so that the outlet would show you when the mixing station is operational or "ON" by illuminating the ON above the outlet. ON in orange with the slider set to auto is what you want to see.

When the mxbnlo sensor is open (dry) for 5 seconds it will set the slider for the MIX-RESET outlet to off and put the outlet into an error state.
This will shut your dos off, turn your alarm on, and send an alert.
Your dos will not turn back on until your reset the MIX-RESET outlet by first adding water to close the mxbnlo sensor and then setting MIX-RESET outlet slider to ON and then back to AUTO.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not going to move the slider on your dos, but it will move the slider on a virtual outlet which will keep the dos off and set an alarm until you reset it. Just think of it like a master switch.

Set ON
If mxbnlo open Then OFF

Or

You must set it to ON before setting it to AUTO every time it trips or it will continuously trip.

I did it this way so that the outlet would show you when the mixing station is operational or "ON" by illuminating the ON above the outlet. ON in orange with the slider set to auto is what you want to see.

When the mxbnlo sensor is open (dry) for 5 seconds it will set the slider for the MIX-RESET outlet to off and put the outlet into an error state.
Your dos will not turn back on until your reset the MIX-RESET outlet by first adding water to close the mxbnlo sensor and then setting MIX-RESET outlet slider to ON and then back to AUTO.
This is why I like to have a doorbell switch connected to an input. All I have to do is press it and all goes back to normal. Mine is in my mixing room. Mix your salt, check salinity, press the doorbell, my auto water change dos turns back to ato as do my nitrate, phosphate dos units. Easy peasy

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I like to have a doorbell switch connected to an input. All I have to do is press it and all goes back to normal. Mine is in my mixing room. Mix your salt, check salinity, press the doorbell, my auto water change dos turns back to ato as do my nitrate, phosphate dos units. Easy peasy
Easy peasy and I like that solution but you are adding the complexity of hooking up a switch for that convenience. Not everyone knows how or wants to do that or purchase a pre-made switch box.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy peasy and I like that solution but you are adding the complexity of hooking up a switch for that convenience. Not everyone knows how or wants to do that or purchase a pre-made switch box.
I get that I was just throwing it out there as when someone gets to the point of having auto water change systems and mixing stations they may or may not be interested in that option. You could also program a feed mode button then you don’t need to do the on then auto thing or have to unlock a slider when using a phone and not have to hook up a doorbell switch or the like.

OP
OP
I

ifreefingwasaperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Set ON
If mxbnlo open Then OFF

Or

It works…… thanks again for the help! I guess I can move on to something else lol

OP
OP
I

ifreefingwasaperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question? My current dos programming after adding your info is
if Dow s——s then off
if error mx salt then off
if MXBNLO open then off
if smplo open then off

having that if MXBNLO open then off statement wont cause any problems or should it be removed?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back