OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Guys. I am trying to work on the tank but I am married and my wife has other plans. Today we are going shopping for Sissy stuff that we "need" so I have to make her happy even though I have a ton of things to do in my garage and workshop/man cave/ fish room. I can barely walk to the tank, half the lights aren't working, I have almost no RO water and didn't start installing the thing yet and the tank still isn't even full.
I think my bluestripe pipefish will croak soon. He is past his lifespan but is not dying from old age. He misses his new born brine shrimp every day and I have no space or time to hatch them. The mandarin is still fine but I really need to get things started.
I am installing a toilet bowl and putting water there so I have a drain and can hook up the RO/DI.

We got this new giant TV yesterday and my friend helped me put it on a cabinet. It will go on the wall eventually. It is a Samsung and is full of bells and whistles. The thing makes you breakfast, gets your shoes and checks your dating scores on Match .com.

It does everything but let you watch TV. I can't figure out how to get regular TV on the stupid thing.
I tried to watch something and it told me to go to my computer and put in "Samsung. go and take gas" or something like that and hit program or whatever.(yes, it talks to you and you can have a conversation with it. It doesn't listen good though, kind of like kids)
I did all that and it wanted me to buy apps for $29.99 a month but a free subscription to Dancing with the Nerds comes with it. You can't make this stuff up.

I just want to watch re runs of Star Treck or Ed Sullivan (google him)
I finally got re runs of Blue Bloods so we watch 4 or 5 episodes of that all night.
I think we will be listening to the radio for a while. :confused1:

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of you want to watch Star Trek one of the channels you can get with old fashion antenna plays then from 7pm to 12am most evenings. It's called Heros and Icons

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no, He's back. The guy hates my posts, but he keeps reading them. I just don't get it. :cool:
Is this for real?
I love reading your posts. Your sense of fun and imagination are very entertaining. Spreading laughter and cheer is a great sport.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are settling in here and some of our friends came over to help us. Actually 2 of them are our friends that bought next door.

Yes, I know, we are all Geezers now. But we have friends since high school. Don't worry, you will get there and good friends for so long are one of the best things you can have.

The tank is starting to look decent although I have a lot more stuff and water to put into it. Still no skimmer, ozone, thermometer, UG filter or much light or gravel.

The bed I built looks very cool and industrial if I do say so myself. And I do.
Check out the wheels :D

Wow love the bed and love the story So are you completely moved now?

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is on the ground level and my condo is above it so until I get the elevator in, it is a hike to get up the stairs. A few weeks ago I had those 3 sets of shots in my knees. It is supposed to be some kind of Jell that takes up the place where meniscus used to be when I was 20. I think he switched the needles and put in crushed coral instead. I had those series of shots twice and I can tell you, they don't work.
I just need new knees and when I get time I will go to Home Depot for some of those pressure treated ones.

The problem with new knees is they want you to go for therapy after that and I feel therapy is for Sissies who got a splinter and figured that was the worst thing that ever happened to them. Either that or Golfers. I live next to a golf course and just don't get it. I know, its a fault in me.
It's also $250.00 to play a round so I doubt I will be partaking in that "sport".

Tonight we are going to the Country Club. Yes, in our Condo, you get a free one year membership in this Country Club so I can walk around with my nose up in the air and look rich, intelligent and Snooty. :rolleyes:

Actually the people here are all very nice like the people in California. But with less of a tan. Everybody is extremely nice I can't believe it. We went to Home Depot yesterday and when I got out of my very cool canary yellow new Jeep a woman near me was struggling trying to put this box in her car. I went over and asked if she needed help. She said "Om my God, Thank you so much, that is so nice of you". I was thinking maybe she thought I was going to give her a kidney. She kept thanking me and saying how kind I was. The box weighed about 3 1/2 lbs. Then she ran after my wife to thank her for lending me to her. I mean really nice. If I had time she would have baked me a pie, tucked me in at night and trimmed my nose hairs. :eek:
Most of the people here are like that. It's a nice change from where I lived closer to Manhattan. People were nice there too, after they mugged you, they thanked you and gave you a tip. :confused:
I need one new knee, and I think I will do it soon, Something I remember my grandfather telling me, He told me to never let my knees get as bad has his, he had both knees done at the same time in the 80's he said it was one of the best thing he ever did. He was a golfer, I am not. His knees hurt him so much he bought a golf cart, then he stopped playing then he got his knees done, and sold his golf cart and started walking the course again. Good luck

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this for real?
I love reading your posts. Your sense of fun and imagination are very entertaining. Spreading laughter and cheer is a great sport.

He shows up on my thread every year or so to say how boring I am and how much he disagrees with most of what I say and how much I make things up. But he seems to read all my posts. It's a little odd. If you don't like me or my threads read something else. Or is it me!

Wow love the bed and love the story So are you completely moved now?
We are completely moved but there is still a pile of tools, doll carriages, fish stuff, lighting fixtures, suit cases etc almost up tp my ceiling in my garage and fish/ mancave/workshop room. It is gradually getting smaller.

I need one new knee, and I think I will do it soon, Something I remember my grandfather telling me, He told me to never let my knees get as bad has his, he had both knees done at the same time in the 80's he said it was one of the best thing he ever did. He was a golfer, I am not. His knees hurt him so much he bought a golf cart, then he stopped playing then he got his knees done, and sold his golf cart and started walking the course again. Good luck

I need both new knees but one is a little worse. I had I think 5 knee surgeries and now they close them with Velcro to make it easier the next time. But the Dr. told me there is nothing left to operate on as the meniscus is gone and there is nothing left but dolomite.
My wife walks very slow so now she can keep up with me. :cool:

I will get them fixed when I have time. Maybe in the winter. We only went on the boat once so far. Just too much to do to move.
This is a new house and the workmanship looks like it was done by those guys that hang out at Home Depot.
For example they screwed the door stops into the sheetrock. That lasted a day. The fixtures are crooked, the painting and taping wasn't exactly done by Michelangelo if you know what I mean. I will fix all of this because I hate sloppy workmanship. I used to tell my guys that anyone can do electrical work. But doing it neat takes a craftsman. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a toilet bowl in my new workshop today and it is the type they use in Europe where it flushes out the back. Anyway I have installed dozens of toilet bowls and they are a no brainer. I got this thing from Amazon and it came in a nice box. I am sure the box costs much more then the fixture.
There was no bowl there before so I cut the main and put in the plumbing which went smoothly. I actually like working as long as no one bothers me and I have good music. So I get the thing installed and try the first flush.

Water shoots all over the wall. It is coming from in between the bowl and the tank. I remove the bowl, take the tank off, check out the seal, which looks good, I put some silicone grease on it and put it back together a little tighter.
Try another flush, and water shoots all over the wall.

I take the tank off again, look at it, scratch my head, wipe off the silicone grease, put on more silicone grease, put the thing back together. Do a test flush.

Water shoots all over the wall. Now after all this time I get smarter and put my reading glasses on and lay down under the thing with a light to see exactly where this water is coming from. I didn't want to do this because once I get under there, I may not get up.

I patiently wait for the tank to fill. Get my light aimed at the seam between the tank and bowl. Do a test flush and see where the water is shooting out.
There is a tiny pin hole in the ceramic bowl. I have seen cracks but never a hole. When they made the thing there must have been a spaghetti worm or pod in the clay and it formed a hole. Great. Now what am I supposed to do, pack it up and send it back to Amazon?

I put some sealer on it which "fixed " it so it can be used but I am going to mail Amazon to ask them if they got this bowl from the Amazon.
I want a new one and I am not sending this one back. Good luck. :rolleyes:

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hang in there Man. You will get it all how You like.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you're moved, I dread the day I am going to move. My son tells me everytime he sees me dad sell that house, it's to much for you and Zero to keep up after. Zero is my dog he really is no help at all but keeps everyone away when I'm not home. I bet Amazon will take care of it, hops so at least.

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is hilarious. I think the first mistake is you moved. Should've kept the original house for the super models and leave the original tank with them. Then put a new tank in the new house for your super model wife. Then when you get bored of one tank you can go see the other tank and always be surrounded by super models.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are settling in here and some of our friends came over to help us. Actually 2 of them are our friends that bought next door.

Yes, I know, we are all Geezers now. But we have friends since high school. Don't worry, you will get there and good friends for so long are one of the best things you can have.

The tank is starting to look decent although I have a lot more stuff and water to put into it. Still no skimmer, ozone, thermometer, UG filter or much light or gravel.

The bed I built looks very cool and industrial if I do say so myself. And I do.
Check out the wheels :D

hands down most beautiful bed I've ever seen! I'm re-doing my house right now with a rustic industrial theme.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I temporarily hooked up my RO/Di and made five gallons of water for top ups. There is no auto shut on it yet but that will come later. I am painting small parts of my wall to hang stuff on it like racks or ROs and it is a really stupid way to work. I just can't get around in there yet to paint the entire thing or install the entire floor.
But I did find a new beach to collect water about a mile from my house. I just need to get an off the road permit so I can get down to the water as you have to drive on the beach to get there.
I will make a picnic out of it by taking my wife, some friends and vino and we can relax while I collect water and watch the sunset. Maybe I can finally get my tank filed up and add the rest of the rocks, gravel and hook up the UG filter.

It's going to be a really nice Man cave.
I also have to put in a huge exhaust fan because it is very damp there. Between the tank and the ocean 90 yards away, there isn't much I can do about that. There are also no windows in it but there could have been. I think the architect was on LSD when he designed this place as my 5 year old Grand Daughter could have did it better.

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, the UGF in the picture looks like Perfect-a-flo - that is under your crushed corals?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back