Moving fish while cleaning tank

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to basically start over and move my fish into another tank while I clean out their current tank.
can I take 40% of the water from an established tank, add the rest with new saltwater to the tank I plan to temporarily keep them in and be able to move them without cycling a new tank ?

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why are you starting over…disease? And the water holds really benefit. Instead you should move the established media/rock with all the good bacteria and that will insta/skip the cycle.

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is infested with flat worms and I’m tired of fighting them, I’ve lost most of my corals and want to just start over but I don’t want to lose my fish.
I’m wondering if I can dip any corals left and if it will kill any flat worms

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The tank is infested with flat worms and I’m tired of fighting them, I’ve lost most of my corals and want to just start over but I don’t want to lose my fish.
I’m wondering if I can dip any corals left and if it will kill any flat worms
Yes! If not it should irritate them and they should all off you could also freshwater dip the corals quickly and do not reuse the water then. It may even be a good idea to just get new media and start the cycle over in the especially if there’s eggs or flatworms in the media which is probably likely.

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have overreacted as far as the amount of flatworms in the tank. I’m going to try using flatworm exit first after I siphon out as many as I can see. It’s just so frustrating to be doing everything I know to be right and still end up with problems.
I’ve been so careful about dipping corals and quarantining my fish and have no idea where the flatworms came from ‍♀️

Back