Moving mixing station

thesoulpatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i'm going to create a movable mixing station to transfer FSW to my tank, which is on the other side of the house from my RODI unit. Looking to use the 44/55 gallon brute trash can to transfer the water. Was thinking something along the lines of this cart, or maybe even this thought? Unless anyone has any other ideas?

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i'm going to create a movable mixing station to transfer FSW to my tank, which is on the other side of the house from my RODI unit. Looking to use the 44/55 gallon brute trash can to transfer the water. Was thinking something along the lines of this cart, or maybe even this thought? Unless anyone has any other ideas?
What about a transfer pump? Then you can save yourself the hassle of moving anything, just flip a switch (or plug/unplug, depending on how you set it up).

OP
OP
thesoulpatch

thesoulpatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't have anything running in the attic or through the house per wife.

OP
OP
thesoulpatch

thesoulpatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its about 80-90 ft from the RODI unit. So I love the ideas though!

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance of moving the RO/DI unit closer to the tank?

OP
OP
thesoulpatch

thesoulpatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, it's in the garage added to the water softener, only spot in house it fits. It's far to long to go under the cabinets.

OP
OP
thesoulpatch

thesoulpatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Syncra ADV Advanced 5.5 Aquarium Pump (1500 GPH) - this is pump I got to mix the NSW​

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after talking to my wife she said this would be okay! So I think this is the route I'll go! Now just hope that pump will pump it that far.
What is the total height your transferring the water? And do you plan on using that same pump you bought for mixing to do the transfer?

OP
OP
thesoulpatch

thesoulpatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Display will be about 4-5ft off the ground and the plan was to use that same pump since it would be plumed into the station with a barb going out to fill up tank

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Display will be about 4-5ft off the ground and the plan was to use that same pump since it would be plumed into the station with a barb going out to fill up tank
That pump is rated for 11.5ft of height, so I would imagine it'll get th job done. Having the pump back in the mix station vs say halfway though will make a difference though so I would not expect it to pump at the rated 1450, but I don't see any issues with this plan.

Just make sure you secure that hose when you click on the pump from ~90 feet away at your mixing station.

I've made that mistake before only to have to run back to turn off the pump and then go back to clean up all my spilled water..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back