Moving my 90gal tank

adamfinke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for any tips or pointers for moving my new tank. The tank Im moving has 2 mating clowns and anemone, should I keep them together?? If I remove all the sand/base in the tank should I rinse it or just put in back in my tank.

Thanks everyone,

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 85

kracer1025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've moved my 90 several times. What I have learned is if you have corals put each one or rock with corals in a single bucket. Try and keep everything as separated as possible. I would rinse even though it may cause a slight cycle unless you are comfortable leaving it in the tank and not disturbing it. The biggest thing is give yourself plenty of time. When you try and rush the process that's when things go bad. All in all its not a big deal, I usually keep my fish seperate, you could probably keep the clowns together. If the anemone is attached to a piece of live rock I probably would not put the fish in there for fear of the rock shifting and smashing a fish. Hope this helps a bit.

OP
OP
A

adamfinke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks any info is helpful just want to do it right and hope everything makes it.

kracer1025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything will do fine just don't be affraid to use plenty of buckets. I think I had 25 buckets the last time I moved my tank.

OP
OP
A

adamfinke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap!!! What gets me trash cans the lids are included, u buy a 5g bucket you gotta buy a lid ??? what is up with that!!!

kracer1025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that stinks. I have an advantage my wife manages a local hardware store so she just brings home all the buckets and lids they keep in stock we clean and use what we need, then take them back when we are done. Makes things a whole lot easier. If you have a lfs that you frequent they usually have quite a few lying around that they will usually let you borrow with just a small deposit.

OP
OP
A

adamfinke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The move is done and everything is running. Need to do water tests yet, and gain more knowledge on this refugium setup. Thanks for all the posts.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back