Moving my Tanks

Clwrept77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be moving in a few months and was looking to see if there are services in Maryland that I could hire to move my tanks (145g marine w/ 20g sump, 75g reef, 29g fresh). If there aren't services I can plan the move of the livestock but would need at lease the 145 moved professionally since it weighs way to much. Does anyone have experience or advice.

Reefing Reefer

If you build it, reefs will come
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be moving in a few months and was looking to see if there are services in Maryland that I could hire to move my tanks (145g marine w/ 20g sump, 75g reef, 29g fresh). If there aren't services I can plan the move of the livestock but would need at lease the 145 moved professionally since it weighs way to much. Does anyone have experience or advice.
I was wondering how the move went? I am moving in the next couple of weeks - only about a 13-mile move, and the tank is FOWLR right now, so I don't foresee any complexities, but I'm wondering if you can share anything that worked or maybe didn't go as well? I appreciate any help you can provide.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just moved 3 large tanks last week. 120, 225, and 185 gallon. A lot of work but didn’t lift a thing. Got a local moving company, they provided 6 guys to do the heavy lifting. Delivered across town, (Phoenix) and put into place. Two of us then spent the day plumbing and setting up filtration and lights and livestock. Someone there will do it. Good luck.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back