Moving question: Network settings for doser?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving in 4 months. Asking in advance if it is as simple as moving the router from one location to another with different service provider if the GHL doser will stay connected? Or does it go through a new setup process. Same question goes for if I replace the router with a new one, since the current one is getting pretty old, does it also go through a new setup process and what does that look like?

I just remember the original setup was a major pain, but now that it's working I haven't had to do anything with it and it's been great.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Move your present router - Keep your settings in the P4 and keep your settings in the router
Start a new router - keep your settings in P4 - create setting for WiFi in the new router exactly the same as in the old router.

Sincerely Lasse

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do end up changing hardware, make absolutely positive. Whatever you're getting still offers a 2.4 GHz band.

Google Home does not offer one. You cannot control or set up anything requiring a 2.4 with it. It's kind of junk.

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side note, does the type or speed of router affect the connectivity problems GHL is notorious for? Trying to log into my SA doser to change the time zone to spring forward. Usually logs in after a try or two, but today I can't get it to log in at all. Tried resetting the router with no success. Connected via USB cable to PC and think I've changed it there (firmware showed up to date) but no way to verify on the app.

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do end up changing hardware, make absolutely positive. Whatever you're getting still offers a 2.4 GHz band.

Google Home does not offer one. You cannot control or set up anything requiring a 2.4 with it. It's kind of junk.
So something like this should be ok to use because it offers both frequency bands 2.4 and 5 GHz. Just looking for some high speed gaming router that is reliable in not dropping signal. Maybe my old combo modem-router is needing replaced.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So something like this should be ok to use because it offers both frequency bands 2.4 and 5 GHz. Just looking for some high speed gaming router that is reliable in not dropping signal. Maybe my old combo modem-router is needing replaced.

I went with a simple dual band Netgear router and hooked all Reefing gear to it. Lights, fosters, wave pumps. Anything I could, moved off the main use system.

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh that's cool. Didn't know I could have more than one router hooked up. Maybe I will do that. One cheap one dedicated to the reef equipment and then a better one for the house gear.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh that's cool. Didn't know I could have more than one router hooked up. Maybe I will do that. One cheap one dedicated to the reef equipment and then a better one for the house gear.
I can tell you that the main wifi system runs a lot more reliably and faster with all the other devices off the network.

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be great. So this is different than using two routers connected together? Seems like the secondary router still uses the internet of the primary router in this way. Don't know what I'm talking about but I just watched a YouTube video where one person set up a second router to one of the bedrooms in this way.

Just to make sure I set it up right. Seemed easy enough by video tutorial.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back