Moving tank

rene9898

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to upgrade from RSM 130 to a Reefer 350, just waiting on email from Red Sea and freight company to call to schedule delivery.

I’m going to have them deliver it into my garage. From there, it needs to go thru garage doorway and up one step into house. Then thru a few turns and into living room to its final space.

So how do I safely get it there?

Should I leave tank in box and carry it in, it’s just my oldest son and I that will be there that day. He goes to gym so I know he’s fit.

Question is it easier to carry the box or is it best to take it out of box and carry it that way. If heard of some folks using suction gloves instead of the suction cup devices.

if anyone has advice and maybe a link to these gloves...

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because its glass and can chip, un-crate it in the room its going to live in

Last edited:

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to upgrade from RSM 130 to a Reefer 350, just waiting on email from Red Sea and freight company to call to schedule delivery.

I’m going to have them deliver it into my garage. From there, it needs to go thru garage doorway and up one step into house. Then thru a few turns and into living room to its final space.

So how do I safely get it there?

Should I leave tank in box and carry it in, it’s just my oldest son and I that will be there that day. He goes to gym so I know he’s fit.

Question is it easier to carry the box or is it best to take it out of box and carry it that way. If heard of some folks using suction gloves instead of the suction cup devices.

if anyone has advice and maybe a link to these gloves...
I have a 180g - you have almost 2x the glass weight - WOW. Guy who owned tank before me used 6 big guys. I hired LFS that had specialized equipment.... "local" isn't quite relevant... took multiple calls to find local fish store willing to move. Understand you are going "just" from garage.... but think you are underpowered between the two of you. "Through a few turns" also sounds concerning but probably you have already factored in tank dimensions and the geometry of swinging that tank thru those turns. Sometimes "garage" isn't the right place and you may find easier to take out of garage thru lawn and into house thru another exterior door (front?) to reach your living room's final space.

My recommendation - box is protection so leave it in there until you have it near stand and then unpack in your living room.

Know you will be SO excited when you have it in, setup & cycled! Looking forward to pictures!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back