Moving tanks

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 14g reef, and a 40g planted tank(eww freshwater) lol. I’m going to move some of the 40g inhabitants to a smaller planted tank and put the 14g into the 40. (No fish they would go into a 40 breeder reef), but lots of coral. I have a kessil a80 on the 14 cube, and the 40 is 24”x24” and the kessil says 2’x2’ is maximum spread. Would that be enough light for the center of the tank for a mixed reef? Also, what is the best way to move the tank, and how should I start it. I plan on it to have 1 purple firefish, 2 normal firefish, 5 clownfish. Is 5 enough?

Thanks as always

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be enough light for lower light demanding corals fire fish are small and ok just have a lid they r jumpers.

OP
OP
40g Nano

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think i will do a clownfish harem tank with bubble tip anemones. Maybe 8-10? Also, would a t247 b light be enough?

OP
OP
40g Nano

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a t5 hybrid with the kessil work? Also please dont tell me that this wont work, brs recommends a 24" cube with heavy feeding so ill definitely give it a try.

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will definitely work even especially with the T5 hybrid BTA anemones don't require super intense lighting they can thrive lower lighting Aquarium you are 100% good good luck on having a successful tank

hikermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of the fire fish, why not a sand sifting or a shrimp goby to stay on the bottom and keep it clean...they do a very good job of keeping mine clean and don.t add a lot to bio load. The sand sifter is not a good idea if your coral will be on the sand but fine if mounted on the rock. I think 1 fire fish is enough and 2 clowns are enough in my 30 gal....but I have 3 green chromis (love the changing colors) a lawnmower blenny, (A necessity for algae) 2 engeineer gobies (the tanks is different every day...you may not appreciate that) a yellow clown goby a yellow headed shrimp goby which shraes the same burrow with the 2 engineers, and tons of corals overgrowing all my rocks and I'm not sure how you frag encrusting softies and LPS. There also is a 1 gal HOB refugium on the back stuffed with calupera.. It's taken me two years to get it to this point.

OP
OP
40g Nano

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kessil can’t get the depth or width required for anemones on their page. Maybe I’ll do the hybrid. Also, I’ll wait to do the sandsifting goby and I plan on it to be a clownfish anemone harem

Back