Moving to BHM

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everybody

It is really hard for me to write this post. I have accepted a job in Birmingham and will be in the process of moving this summer. Just wanted to thank everybody for the help with this hobby and let you know that I will really miss living here and everybody in the group. There is always an open invitation for anybody to stop by and say hi if you are in the area. I still plan to attend the meetings especially since we don't have them very often.

Randy

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy, I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving but I understand the concept of career advancement. We'll certainly expect to see you at meetings and swaps. Good Luck!

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy,Mike said you might be moving down here..I hate you gotta leave home but I need a buddy down this way that loves some sps corals...what part of town are you moving to?

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B'Ham is the same distance from us as Huntsville.Maybe you stop by agin.We are considring a meeting as soon as we finish fixing storm damadge.

OP
OP
hawkinsrgk

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy, I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving but I understand the concept of career advancement. We'll certainly expect to see you at meetings and swaps. Good Luck!

Actually its a pay cut, but its not about the money. Piece of mind has to be worth something.

I definitely will make the meetings and as many swaps as possible.

OP
OP
hawkinsrgk

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy,Mike said you might be moving down here..I hate you gotta leave home but I need a buddy down this way that loves some sps corals...what part of town are you moving to?

Hi Mark

This has been quite painful. Its down to Hoover, Trussville and North Pelham

Gardendale, Fultondale, Mt Olive, South Pelham, Alabaster, Calera, Homewood, Mt Brook, Vestavia, Eastlake and Argo have been ruled out for different reasons.

I don't drink enough to deal with 280 traffic. Actually the Moody side of Trussville has almost been ruled out but the Chalkville side has not been ruled out.

This part has been a lot more difficult than expected

OP
OP
hawkinsrgk

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B'Ham is the same distance from us as Huntsville.Maybe you stop by agin.We are considring a meeting as soon as we finish fixing storm damadge.

That would be great. I know you were hit pretty hard from the storm. My tank took a big hit from the power outage and still trying to get everything back to normal.

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chalkville side is where I'm at....right down the hill from trussville....traffic isn't to bad but not far from the freeway either...

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to see you go Randy, let me know when you are heading south and I will help you move your system. If you need me to hold any if your livestock I will, the fish system is up and running so I will have plenty of room for your fishes.

OP
OP
hawkinsrgk

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mike

I really hate to go as well and thank you for the offer. I will absolutely take you up on it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back