shutterstock-269208791.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks for the recommendations
I have copper and have used copper many times . I do have the Hanna checker (big help compared to the liquid kits) and can't deny the results. Even had pretty good luck with Flame angels in copper. The Pharmaceutical grade CP was easy enough for me to get. Pharmacist friend. I prefer the CP for the ease of use and seems pretty easy on most fish in a quarantine setting. A little unpredictable in an aquarium with biological filtration as you are just guessing on biodegradation. But was a easy quick response to save the fish and not hard to remove from the display afterward. The Phosphate levels after the fact will be very high but once the fish are out you can use lithium chloride with no worries instead of a bulk amount of phosphate remover.
It can be used and does work as long as it is used precisely.

OP
OP
M

MNCYC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well 100 days later or so first 4 fish back in the display. The rest to follow in aggression order. Tough strain I guess. 15 days chloroquine. It returned after transferring to a sterile tank. Formalin dips then another 21 days in chloroquine same results. Another formalin dip and 10 day in tank Formalin dosing to keep it at bay and directly to another tank taken up to 2.5 copper power Hanna checker daily. 30 days just slowed it down never cleared it completely. In the end i did 14 days of TTM every 12 hours in 5 gallon buckets with air stones. All clear!! Fish have been through a-lot but are all very healthy and not a scratch.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back