MP powerhead casualties

  • Thread starter Thread starter TWYOUNG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TWYOUNG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
1,039
Reaction score
386
Location
St. Louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone experienced fish losses from power heads? I notice few use the "sponges" that came with my MP 40's due to maintenance issues, yet whenever one of my fish decides to hide out for a while I always fear it has been chopped!
 
I'm not saying that it isn't possible to lose a healthy fish to a power head, but IME fish that come in contact with power heads have either already passed or are very weak and already compromised. The sponges can be a viable option but they may impact flow and are one more thing to clean/maintain.
 
I'm not saying that it isn't possible to lose a healthy fish to a power head, but IME fish that come in contact with power heads have either already passed or are very weak and already compromised. The sponges can be a viable option but they may impact flow and are one more thing to clean/maintain.
Not entirely true, I had a starry blenny who would sleep in poweheads during feeding. I hated it, it always stressed me out. Ended up naming him ceviche and he went on to be one of my favorites
 
I'm not saying that it isn't possible to lose a healthy fish to a power head, but IME fish that come in contact with power heads have either already passed or are very weak and already compromised. The sponges can be a viable option but they may impact flow and are one more thing to clean/maintain.
That seems to be the typical line of thought. I'm new to having spinning propellers in my tank and it makes me nervous when I see my little six line wrasse and others swimming around them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new