MP10 Anemone Guard STL

  • Thread starter Thread starter mh0ward
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mh0ward

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2023
Messages
330
Reaction score
326
Location
BG
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I got my first anemone earlier this week and designed a new nozzle for my MP10 to hopefully guard against it getting sucked in, should it ever decide to move. I uploaded the STL to thingiverse in case anyone else wants to give it a try. MP10 Anemone Guard STL

I did design the hole where the ceramic shaft of the frame inserts just a bit small. This was intentional so that I could slowly file/sand the inside of the hole to ensure a tight fit (prevent vibration, noise, etc). Here's what the finished nozzle looks like after spending a fair bit of time plucking away the support material and light sanding.

MP10_Nem_Guard.jpg
 
I'd still put a piece of foam over that ...fwiw
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new