MP10 Ceramic Shaft Broken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know this is reviving an old thread but thought it was useful.

I just got an MP10 the other day and I dropped the wetside getting ready to place it in the tank :mad::mad: cracked the shaft in half the wet side still works but its got a slight rattle if I turn it up to high. I think i am going to try the heat shrink tube

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is reviving an old thread but thought it was useful.

I just got an MP10 the other day and I dropped the wetside getting ready to place it in the tank :mad::mad: cracked the shaft in half the wet side still works but its got a slight rattle if I turn it up to high. I think i am going to try the heat shrink tube

How is this working?

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I sold the MP10's but it worked flawlessly for me for a few months and I never heard back from the person that it failed for him

16Nano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy some heat shrinks , apply one on the shaft , heat , then repeat with a slightly bigger size . Seems like a permanent solution. My mp10 is still running strong with this fix after breaking the ceramic shaft six months ago !

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy some heat shrinks , apply one on the shaft , heat , then repeat with a slightly bigger size . Seems like a permanent solution. My mp10 is still running strong with this fix after breaking the ceramic shaft six months ago !
I’ll second this repair option, it has been working perfectly for me as well.

Chris882003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, can you be more specific? Did you remove the entire ceramic shaft cover?
Yes I removed the ceramic shaft cover and put the first heat shrink. Then put the next size up and put some heat to that one. I can not get the propeller on the shaft.

Chris882003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may try that again, when I first saw this I tried deferent things never was able to get it to work.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2-3 MP10’s working like normal with 1-2 shrink wraps. For some reason 1 shrink works on some, while others work better with two shrink wraps.

Chris882003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2-3 MP10’s working like normal with 1-2 shrink wraps. For some reason 1 shrink works on some, while others work better with two shrink wraps.
I have 3 wet sides and they still work but the ceramic shaft are broken. When I found this article I did try some different shrink tubes. I tried one and there was some movement with the blade and two too tight. I will keep trying because the wet sides are expensive.

MarcosTacos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for reviving this, but I tried this fix and the wet side is spinning in the tank! I don't know what is causing it since the propeller moves freely with the heat shrink on there.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for reviving this, but I tried this fix and the wet side is spinning in the tank! I don't know what is causing it since the propeller moves freely with the heat shrink on there.
Two thoughts,

1. Is your glass clean on both sides, which support the best connections between wet and dry side?
2. I add a little molykote lube on the heat shrink tube after installing

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't the patent end soon on these? I can't wait for the Jebao version.

Back