MP10 Do I Need to Replace Bearing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter timqmana
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

timqmana

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2023
Messages
86
Reaction score
27
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a used MP-10 (quiet drive, mobius, all the latest stuff) and I run it on short pulse at 50% and the dry side feels kind of hot. Is that normal at that speed or should I look into replacing the bearings.
 
Typically bearing failures make noise. If yours is quite I think your good. All my vortechs (I have 8) get warm. I haven't really paid attention to what mode causes the most heat. I've heard of lubricating the wet side but I have never lubed any if mine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new