MP10 impeller shaft sleeve

Jonny Walker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy just the plastic impeller shaft sleeve for a Vortech? Mine is starting to fall apart at the tips.
Also with that, do you think this rust will be an issue? I will say I see no visible issues with my system... I'd rather not have to buy a new wet side assembly for just the impeller shaft and .... im pretty sure i know the answer but id thought id post anyway
20230609_165235.jpg

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the rust first try wiping it off with a damp rag and if that doesn’t work try folding a piece of 220 grit sandpaper around it and lightly sand the rust off

Vagabond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
A bit more than 30$...

To the OP, try ecotech customer service, I ended up with a free mp40 wet side after sending my old (out of warranty) one in with a busted blade.
Afew months ago i got one from ecotech,my mp10 was under warranty so i got it for free but i checked the site and i'm sure it was about $30.Mind you that they only send you what op has on the picture minus the blade covering.

OP
OP
Jonny Walker

Jonny Walker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the rust first try wiping it off with a damp rag and if that doesn’t work try folding a piece of 220 grit sandpaper around it and lightly sand the rust off
I did try to wipe it but I'm sure sandpaper may expose it more and the rust will just come back anyway

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did try to wipe it but I'm sure sandpaper may expose it more and the rust will just come back anyway
Try apple cider vinegar. Let it sit a few then wipe it off . It should be stainless steel all the way through. I could be wrong but why wouldn’t it be especially if used in a saltwater tank

OP
OP
Jonny Walker

Jonny Walker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try apple cider vinegar. Let it sit a few then wipe it off . It should be stainless steel all the way through. I could be wrong but why wouldn’t it be especially if used in a saltwater tank
You would think it's stainless but then why would it rust in the first place unless the stainless layer was compromised

OP
OP
Jonny Walker

Jonny Walker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at echotech website
if I did order, After shipping and duty to Canada with currency exchange it would be well over $100.
I don't see any Canadian retailers that have just the frame.
I might as well get the whole wet assembly from an LFS but I am going to see if they can order just the frame
I'm sure it will cost about the same.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back